vibhor

VW to bring its Beetle in India !!!

smiley17.gif...Hi friends......... German carmaker Volkswagen plans to drive in its iconic car 'Beetle' in India as it looks to strengthen presence in the country.

"Beetle is an iconic brand and the profile of the customer the world over for this car is upwardly mobile and well travelled and those who wants to be different. We see a segment of those customers in India," Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Managing Director Makham Dhalivaal said.

He said Beetle could be used as a part of the brand building exercise that Voklswagen plans to undertake in India.

Asked by when the Beetle could be launched in India, Dhalivaal declined to give a definite timeframe but said: "It could be in the medium term."

Beetle is now manufactured in Mexico for VW's worldwide supplies and could come to India through the completely built unit import route.

Buoyed by the overwhelming response to the newly launched sedan Jetta, Dhalivaal said the company expects order of about 1,200 units by the end of this year.

"Also we are confident of selling about 500-600 Passat (the upper end sedan) this year," he added.

On the response to the Jetta, he said the company has received 3,932 contacts asking about the car from different cities in India.

He said the firm is bullish about the Indian market and is looking at bringing in a number of other products, like Passat CC and its SUV range.

"Also, next year we are bringing in our sedan Phaeton," he said.

VW plans to launch its compact car based on the Polo platform in two variants

smiley17.gif..."Beetle is an iconic brand and the profile of the customer the world over for this car is upwardly mobile and well travelled and those who wants to be different. We see a segment of those customers in India," Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Managing Director Makham Dhalivaal said.

[/quote']

Vibhor, BEETLE is a brand or a CAR ?

smiley17.gif..."Beetle is an iconic brand and the profile of the customer the world over for this car is upwardly mobile and well travelled and those who wants to be different. We see a segment of those customers in India," Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Managing Director Makham Dhalivaal said.

[/quote']

Actually is has a good response that it can be called both a Beetle VW smiley4.gif

[/quote']

@ anveshp = dude i have not written these words so why r u asking from me?? i dont know about this.......n as u can see i hav already mentioned that its from cybersteering!!!.........smiley1.gif

@ yamaha r15 = well thats your personal choice......personally i like VW beetle more than fiat 500........

I liked the Beetle for a long time until I saw the actual car. For some reason it was a let down of what you see on their website(played a lot with the customizable features)..I liked the Mini Cooper better. But as you said its a merely a personal choice.

@ yamaha r15 = well thats your personal choice......personally i like VW beetle more than fiat 500........

I liked the Beetle for a long time until I saw the actual car. For some reason it was a let down of what you see on their website(played a lot with the customizable features)..I liked the Mini Cooper better. But as you said its a merely a personal choice.

I have seen a silver blue Beetle in Cuffe Parade its as wide as an accord mostly due to extra flared arches and the interior space it like a Swift too less and it look like a bug . I asked him how much!! he said it took 33lakhs exclusive of some extra equipmentsmiley32.gifsmiley3.gif

i think competition for fiat 500 is coming soon....but hell wat competition am i talking about cause no sane man gonna buy dese cars....its one thing to buy a car with emotions but d flip side is dat ur emotions will make u completely bankrupt !!!!