Geforce

Activa / Dio for college use..

Hi, i'm looking to purchase a gearless 2 wheeler for college use. Which one is better among these - Activa or Dio.

Some points to note:

1) I've not driven bikes to a large extent so far. Not an expert rider. 

2) Need a bike with a good ride and easy handling.

3) I prefer it to be well planted during emergency braking. Should offer good grip.

4) I didn't consider Aviator because, i feel it looks a bit girly.

Thanks..

in between activa & dio ......no diff. in engine....but activa is problem free......considering dio......

if u want more performance.....u should go for suzuki access ......0-60 in 6.5 s ......but should compromise on looks front.......

Both the Dio and Activa are fine. You can also try the Aviator with front discs. The problem with the Dio is that the plastic rather engineering plastic body is prone to cracks and breakages upon impact. If it falls down there are cracks on the body that is expensive to replace- they don't repair it at the authorised service centres.

I had a dio.To answer your question,i would prefer the dio anyday coz of its looks.But i do have to admit that the body part will cause rattles or even may break off if it falls down(like mentioned above).I had severe rattling problems and once the fibre around the headlight section had broken a bit.I consulted the service centre 5 or 6 times,but no use.They won't do anything

VIBHOR.. as far as I know.. the Dio is also part of the Honda stable.. no?

I'd suggest the dio because its just a better balanced bike than the Activa.. and the new Aviator is a bit high to ride.. that would be a problem if your vertically challenged.

Cheers.

Hi geforce,

Few months I too was in dilemma in selecting a good gearless scooter for my sister. I waited for Aviater and my sister said it was a littlebit taller and she was not comfortable with it. After that we had Activa,Dio and Suzuki Access as options. After a thorough feedback from users i came to an conclusion about Dio. It is a nice looking vehicle with 3KMPL more mileage than Activa but it has an inherent rattling noice after 40k KMS on odo. Between Activa and Access i selected Activa because of long waiting period for Access and it looks bulky for me. Otherwise I would have gone with Access.