deepakds

Swift VDI and Getz CRDi GVS

The Swift VDI and the Getz diesel have a mere price difference of Rs.40,000.

The Getz D comes with a much powerful engine (0-100 in 11.3 sec almost 2.5 sec faster than the swift D), with a decent fuel economy and maintenance cost too, and with a huge room in comparism to the swift.

But the sales are in the ratio of 1:10 Getz:Swift

What may be the reason for this?

Is LOOKS the most important thing?

How important is Drivability?

How may the i20 fare in comparism to these 2 cars?

I think the price diff. is in tune of 70k.

Swift is more fuel efficient & has less maintainance cost. It is a newer car also.

The ratio you quoted , should be more in favour of swift. I dont have the right figures, but getz diesel is a rare sight.

Looks are certainly important & so is the price.

Swift is good on drivability front.

i10, is in a category below these two.

Swift VDI is my choice, Getz CRDI is <ahem> exotic, meaning a flop. Getz as such is a flop, and overpriced and underfeatured as compared to the Swift. Swift diesel is soo very refined. Frankly, am yet to sight a Getz diesel. Hyundai got the pricing all wrong and haven't corrected it even after the Swift stole a march over them with fantastic styling, features, performance at a fantastic price. Fiat multijet is far ahead than the Crdi on all counts, except perhaps power. Getz is soon to become history, by the end of the year when the i20 is launched, me thinks.Durango Dude2008-07-27 16:53:05

The Getz 1.2 L petrol is what people are looking for.The diesel version is overpriced. I feel that Hyundai showrooms may also not be having adequate stocks of spares of the diesel Getz as it does not sell. The VDi still has a waiting list, despite the Dzire balkanising its sales to some extent. and spares and easy repairability are guaranteed because its a Maruti after all.

I feel the main reason for the huge difference in the sales figures of the 2 cars is the cost of service and the spare parts.

Maruti's service network is the second to none.

The Getz as mentioned is more practical than Swift and has a better build too.

i20 would be placed a step above the Getz and would compete with the Skoda Fabia and the Honda Jazz.

The Swift VDI and the Getz diesel have a mere price difference of Rs.40,000.

The Getz D comes with a much powerful engine (0-100 in 11.3 sec almost 2.5 sec faster than the swift D), with a decent fuel economy and maintenance cost too, and with a huge room in comparism to the swift.

But the sales are in the ratio of 1:10 Getz:Swift

What may be the reason for this?

Is LOOKS the most important thing?

How important is Drivability?

How may the i20 fare in comparism to these 2 cars?[/quote']

I think you would do well to go for the Swift diesel. The Getz CRDi isn't a VFM proposition; it's just too overpriced. With so much power on tap it lacks any kind of safety equipment. Also, the interiors have been made worse with the fake wood finish. Only areas it scores over Swift is in terms of ride quality and space.Go for the swift VDi with ABS.

@ ocatne =.....well thats your taste .....i like getz crdi interiors more than the swift.....they have a feeling of like one in big car....but again thats my own taste......smiley17.gif 

@ ocatne =.....well thats your taste .....i like getz crdi interiors more than the swift.....they have a feeling of like one in big car....but again thats my own taste......smiley17.gif 

You got me wrong i guess. I like the airiness and the design per se of the getz... they are much better compared to swift. But i liked the earlier black and aluminium finish on the getz. Though the beige colour scheme is good, the wood finish feels very cheap. I am actually livid at Hyundai that they killed such a fine car with some irrational pricing and lack of equipment (both petrol and Diesel) smiley19.gif

Regarding the i20, it's difficult to comment on that since there is not even a single pic where you can see the car properly. But if i30 and i10 are any indications, it surely will be a car worth waiting for unless the bean counters at Hyundai get their act together smiley7.gif

octane_1002008-07-28 05:40:54

Swift is doing numbers.......beause of its revolutionary...looks ....compared to the ordinary looking...getz.......swift is also good on VFM front ......more features......& 70000 cheaper.......

i also like interiors of Getz in beige...i own Black interiors getz but its not that good coz quality is not upto mark...The prime Grey/Beige has much better quality it has soft plastic or something like that which is much better...

From few days i am seeing some Getz CRDi'ss here....but have heard that its having demand not that good but even not bad but main thing is that its supplies are not there only....Its production is in low units.

Supply is not there as demand is negligible. Getz is almost at the end of its lifecycle.Most of Hyundai cars die a bad death' date=' with near no sales.

[/quote']

A very good way of summing it up- "Most of Hyundai cars die a bad death, with near no sales." Thats very true

ya......almost every car like Terracan , Tucson......these cars had really very bad response.........but surprisingly i10 has came on sales chart just after its launch.......

Most of Hyundai cars die a bad death' date=' with near no sales. [/quote']

Really?? I thought Santro, i10, Accent, prev gen Sonata and the Verna were doing well!!! That's 5 out of 10 cars that Hyundai launched.

The cause of thread is moving somewhere else.... My observations for both the cars are as under:

1. When you sit inside Getz (with beige interior) you feel that you are on a terrace, due to it's airiness and space inside the car. But if you sit in Swift you feel that you are in dark celler. The rear sit of Swift is worst, so as it;s view from the window.

2. Both the cars are drivable car and driving is fun, though Swift is slightly better. However Getz is much sturdier than swift and it has better highway presence.

3. The price which you pay for swift gives you more features and value for money than Getz.

4. Getz is slow mover in market and I-20 is going to be launched in Oct-Nov, so the discount will be higher in Getz once the I-20 is launched. The re-sale value will diminish faster in Getz. Against that Swift is selling like a Hot-cake. So the re-sale value is much higher.

In view of the above one should wait for I-20 to launch b4 taking any decision. However if you are going to drive your car yourself, rear sit is least important and want a car immediately, go for swift.

All the best.

bhavin