deepakds

Swift VDI and Getz CRDi GVS

One of the main reasons should be looks. The Swift is a looker to most of us than compared to the Getz. Secondly, the price difference between the two. Third, in India I notice that once a car is a hit, more and more people will end up buying that car than try alternatives, so as Swift is a best seller in its category nothing else can usurp its top position.

Indian buyer in a short span of time has become  very intelligent & has that ability to makeout whats best for him. Good products are adopted quickly while not so good are left in the lurch with the same hurry.

In getz case, it was left out pretty quickly. So this means Indian buyer had spotted its weaknesses in the begining only.

my pick will also be swift vdi...d getz crdi is priced exhorbitantly with almost d same equipment level as d swift....getz crdi has been priced like fabia so it ought to have good features.....anywaysz guysz hyundai thinks that their crdi engine is world class and that's why hyundai has never priced their diesel well...d verna crdi is expensive by 1 lacs...d difference between elantra crdi and elantra gls was close to 1.5 lacs !!! i wonder what they think about their crdi engine !!

Yes, hyundai has to come out of this frame of mind & price their CRDI cars more in tune with competition. Getz actually needed a smaller diesel powerplant, but Hyundai used already existing one. Hope they do not commit the same mistake with the i10 diesel or i20 diesel.

Yes' date=' hyundai has to come out of this frame of mind & price their CRDI cars more in tune with competition. Getz actually needed a smaller diesel powerplant, but Hyundai used already existing one. Hope they do not commit the same mistake with the i10 diesel or i20 diesel. [/quote']

Don't think that's going to be the case!! A recent interview in ET has quoted a Hyundai official saying that they will price their i20 above the Getz and that it will be competing with Fabia and the Fusion!!! I think we have one more disaster in the makingsmiley18.gif. Getz hardly sells. Why don't they just pull the plug on it???

i think if i20 is designed in modern way like i10 and if it also sets the class above its segment in terms of quality,then it could be a hit....as they already said that they are interesting in export of i20 from here and not selling it in full fledged...

well i can give it in writing that if hyundai prices their i20 with prices similar to fabia one thing is rest assured that it will sell even less than getz...people are buying d expensive hatch fabia because its from skoda which is a luvury brand in india and hyundai should be living in reality cause it can never be a luxury brand...u know aci wrote about tucson that itz too pricey for a hyundai with which even i agree !!!