mokambo

Diesel Sedan

heya ppl... Its just been a few days since I have been following this forum and trust I am truly amazed by the info I have got abt cars.

Well I have a prob and I hope u gys can solve it for me.

I am looking forward to but a Sedan.. my budget is 8l to 9l and I am looking for a diesle engine with a descent mileage and good handling. I am considering Verna and am not so sure abt Logan..

Pl help me out

Verna VGT CRDi is a pretty nice option...

+ves - very qucik, good fuel efficiency, well priced spares, no maintenance issues, spacious and good comfort levels, nice highway crusier...

-ves - hard clutch in comparism to compiteion, not that great to drive compared to the ford fiesta

Ford fiesta exi in nicer to drive and is more than half a lakh cheaper than the verna but its tough to maintain. once you have a problem ford's spares can easily take away your month's full pay cheque.

id say either buy the verna or stretch ur budget and buy a abse version diesel optra. also in case ur considering fiesta ...instead buy a dzire zdi .....it is a better car than fiesta in all respects and loaded to the boot. so on the higher side...optra or verna and on lower sider buy the dzire.

I will suggest you just go for optra magnum its a brilliant car........or if you can wait then go for Fiat linea multijet diesel.....but buy it only if have trust on fiat..........smiley1.gif

go for ...optra magnum....which is more powerful than verna....& more comfortable.....too......it is good on VFM front........

verna ....is poor on looks front ......but has nice engine.......interiors also lag behind optra....

You want "diesle engine with a descent mileage and good handling" & are considering Verna. Well Verna is a nice package , but handling is not all that good. I will suggest you to stretch your budget a little & try out the optra magnum diesel, its got good handling. An added bonus is the fabulous warranty package that GM is offering.

Regarding Logan, its in a category lower to Fiesta/Verna. But is a practical choice if one is on a budget.

Honestly am not a very big fan of fiesta... neways I did consider Linea and honestly I do want to wait for it... But the thing is I am not so sure abt Fia, U know with all the reputation regarding after sales service.. and most importantly I am a little unsure about the 1.3l engine.. I dont think thats enough... and IF they do introduce the 1.9l it will take some time... But no doubt has got awesome looks and with Fiat resurrecting their interset in the Indian automobile market lets see. Btw any conformation on wen its finally supposed to come out?

Yes Fiesta too is a good diesel car & handles well. Plus one would be saving around 2 L from the Optra, so the high maintainance cost of Fiesta is offset.

One should typically wait for atleast 6 months after launch before pouncing upon Linea, as by then both the cars & companys standing will become clear.

Honestly am not a very big fan of fiesta... neways I did consider Linea and honestly I do want to wait for it... But the thing is I am not so sure abt Fia' date=' U know with all the reputation regarding after sales service.. and most importantly I am a little unsure about the 1.3l engine.. I dont think thats enough... and IF they do introduce the 1.9l it will take some time... But no doubt has got awesome looks and with Fiat resurrecting their interset in the Indian automobile market lets see. Btw any conformation on wen its finally supposed to come out?

[/quote']

Don't worry too much about Fiat for now. Even if they go back to bankruptcy, Tata will buy it smiley36.gif But seriously, I don't think that it can go much wrong from now on, with the manufacturing plants up and running, and engines being sourced to other cars, we should have enough supply of parts and enough people who know them.

@mokambo=  ya......now there is nothing to be worried about Fiat ...i hope thats its service have been improved after joining hands with Tata........n the multijet diesel which is going to be in Linea is simply superb.......the  Linea is expected to be around Nov or Dec first....here...smiley1.gif

Linea would be a good product, but buy it initially only if you can afford to experiment. Ideally 3-4 months from launch date is a good time to buy, as the true picture emerges by then.

ya i do agree if u can wait for linea... and also look for indigo XL if u want to in that range.. not as great as verna but ya loaded with features and very comfortable

Cheers

Vroomo