rishabh

Santro/Spark/WagonR

Hi, friends help me out in buying a new can between the 3 santo/spark/wagonr,

1. max budget : 3,60,000

2. location delhi and average useage would around 500km/month in city.

3. I would keep my new car for atleat 10 years.

4. i am looking for almost everything ie.

mileage, cost, looks, servicing, after sale service, resale value, engine, comfort, spare parts cost, maintainence, safety etc.

Guys please help me out in buying the best car out of these 3.

Thanks for your help.

First of all rule out a diesel.

Of the three I will also rule out the Wagon R - not particularly economical, too boxy, and may be on the way out.

This leaves the Santro and the Spark. If you can stretch your budget by about 10% got for the i10 with the Kappa engine. The point about the Santro and the Epsilon is that the engine as well as the car are on their way out, and Hyundai claim the Kappa at 1.2 L is more economical than the Epsilon at 1.1L, though at 600 km per annum this should not matter that much.

You plan to keep the car for a decade - Iwould trust Hyundai more than GM. GM have let towners down with the Opels so ???? Also, Hyundai spares and service thnds to be cheaper.

Hi, as said by many, if you can afford I-10 kappa is best option. Second option is I-10 Epsilon engined car. The third option Santro GL / GLS. No other car.. All are suggesting you I-10 considering resale value after 10 years. I-10 is newer generation car and much better than Santro. To fatch good re-sale try to opt for car with all power facilities. All the best.

Bhavin

i think Gm has good future plans so there should be no problem for keeping it 10long years...after keeping so much he shouldnt be worried about resale....Spark is a good car....And i found servicing of Gm better than Hyundai till now...i have never been happy with Hyundai's service but after some free service u should find some local workshop only coz all companies are like same and no use of giving them ur car for any job..

A couple of points. After 10 years the resale of any car is Zilch. So that is not a parameter.

Spares for the Hyundai's and Maruti's are cheap. Also, now many independent garages are handling Santro's (i10 is sure to follow) with easy availability of spares.

go 4 d spark-gud looking,drives well,easy 4 city commutes since u liv in delhi,it gives u a hell lot of features 4 a gud price{u wud get airbags abs etc etc at a very gud price},gm's service package a peace of mind,maintaince no worry u kno gm is doin quite a lot 4 dat,nd don worry about gm goin down nd stuff beacuase its strategy is set chevy has big plans........spark is d choice

Well if your choice is strictly between the three only, Santro is a good choice. Hyundai is not going to discontinue it for now. 2nd on the list should be Wagon-r, even Maruti is known to continue making the same car for eternity. But keep of Spark if you wish to retain for a decade, GM is very dicey & may just come up with a new model out of the blue. Also Spark sales are nothing in comparison to the other 2.

if wis outdated ........santro is surely  outdated...........

i  think wagon R is much better on looks front......

so i recommend........spark ......now it has 58000 Rs discount.......& is the best on VFM....front.......

u get more features.in spark..........than kappa i10 for the price u have eritten

i dont recommend i10 kappa since ur budget is  .......360000

Since you want to keep the car for a decade it's better you buy a car which is modern and also will be more comfortable and offer better features. Stretch the budget a bit further and buy the i10 kappa. If you are going to finance the remaining amount and spread it across a 7 year period it will hardly have a material impact to your EMIs!!