carholic

help reqd in buying a new car

hy, i am an 18 year old lukin for a car b/w a price range of 10-12 lakhs...my daily running would be around 46-50 kms ..considering my age nd d fact that ill use d car mostly for my college use ,which car shall i consider..it has to be diesel..so there isnt mch option..plz do suggestsmiley20.gif

but that would be the base laura....without leather seats nd stuff..i m considrn d optra magnum cuz of its interiors .d lt version..n d existing model would still sell aftr d introdction of d new optra cruze nxt year..so is it worth byn d magnum??or is it a compromise?/plz suggest

magnum is really the best in diesel when compared but as u r young just 18 and if backseat is not priority go for Octavia coz it suits young people...the car has got bold and hunk type looks...if i would be there at your place for my personal car it would be octy but if its common it would be Optra coz its comfortable more refined and has good interiors...Btw which other cars u have and will this be your personal one

yes dis would be for my personnel use..nd i hve a getz n a civic..bt my car would be chauffer drivn for arnd 4-5 mnths till i m comfortable with d routes..so wt do u suggest?shall i go in for a optra..n whch color shall i buy????

if chauffer driven go for Optra..its royale car and if u like go for Cherry red its best even diamond white is good....but for me its cherry red coz Chevy has mastery in this color ..this color is best in chevy cars...

ya its very good car..its engine is supersmooth and refined and its spacious,interiors are good and ride comfort/quality is good...it has good features so its worth buying and its Vfm and not expensive...120ps of power in diesel is really cool...ya i think it should give 11.5 kmpl with AC on or even more i think....

Hi carholic. It seems that you have made your mind for Optra. But considering your age I would recommend you to opt for either Scorpio or Safari. Saloon cars are for executives and mid-age ppl not for the college goers. SUV is the word for youngsters. Compared to Scorpio M-hawk safari is better. You can opt for 2.6 ltr scorpio  if not going for M-hawk or safari. All the best

hey wats up

for that kinda budget y not go for a city diesel

guys do correct me if am wrong on price it wud come in the range he has given us around 12 or something i guess...

and ya even SUVs are a good option if u are not hell bent on sedans... go for Safari then...

Cheers!!!

Vroomosmiley20.gif

hey wats up

for that kinda budget y not go for a city diesel

guys do correct me if am wrong on price it wud come in the range he has given us around 12 or something i guess...

?

Cheers!!!

Vroomo
hey whats this City diesel ..which car u r talking about..

u knw i m nt wanting an suv cuz its hell to drive them on delhi roads....n dun u thnk tht optra magnum is a class abve d safari n scorpio....n u knw in delhi executive saloons r mre preferable so...do guide me if i m wrng

Hey carholic, if status and making a statement is in priority it is for sure that Optra magnum is class above Scorpio and safari. However, if practicality in city is concerned, safari, scorpio and optra all are of nearly same size. So it will not make any difference..

@ nikvint = buddy i dont think so that it will be fare to compare optra a luxury saloon..with those big SUV's.........he just wants a car comfortable car to go to his college........n i dont think that a SUV is agood idea.....suvs are one to buy if u need acres of space.....or go for long highway trips.....not for just going to college n back home........smiley1.gif

Vibhor

...thats not the thing if both r coming at about same price.......cars shud be bought according to need ...n remember thats its not just  that buy a car n thats all......then there are more expenses too.......... smiley1.gif

Vibhor
vibhor2008-07-29 11:07:07

Dear Vibhor, pl read my comment again, I have already stated that Optra magnum is class above safari and scorpio..There is no comparision between them. I think that your car should represent you. SUV are for space, Highway driving, and for younger generation generally.

Carholic is young and going to college... He might use this car for going out with his freinds.. Further he is also going to use driver for few months. During both these times, Safari is better because of it's best rear seat comfort. And that's why I have suggested a SUV. What do you say?

Yes I guess Nikvint is right but then final decision rests on carholic

go ahead with optra magnum if u not comfortable driving SUVs in Delhi but then it will occupy the same space....

SUV is good because of its rear seat comfort and will suit u as in young and sporty and ideal for college going crowd

Cheers!!

Vroomo 

ok.....ok that was my mistake that i misread your post..smiley36.gif but buddy  i will still suggest magnum.....(dont mind its our own personal choices)..... n as u all know how is the traffic here in delhi ....so i think SUV will not be a good idea for city driving......n as vroomo says..rest it all on carholicsmiley17.gifvibhor2008-07-29 11:40:54