carholic

help reqd in buying a new car

Like every one else has suggested Optra magnum is the best deisel saloon in that price range. however I think since you will use the car mostly to commute to college and if you want to make a statement go for Civic even if its not a deisel. your running doesn't seem to be too much. Civic is more younger.

In case you inttend to ferry your freinds more often then going for a SUV/MUV is also not a bad option. but you need to see how often you intend to do that. A Safari or Innova would be good option for that purpose.

If its just going to be you and couple of friends go for CIVIC.

40-50 km a day is really not in Diesel territory. Also generally the petrol cars have lighter contols (haven't driven the Optra though so cannot comment specifically on that) which makes them better to drive in slow moving city traffic.

So i would say go for the Civic if you are not fixated on a diesel. Else just sign your cheque for the Magnum.

Please use capital letters where necessary & avoid sms lingo.

1300k monthly does fall into diesel category, but its entirely upto your satisfaction level,  some people with higher mileages also prefer petrol.

As you say, Octy. is old,  Civic is common & Magnum is hard to spot, this depletes all the contestants. Only choice left is to wait for new Corolla due in Aug.

hey carholic u have made a really good choice for buying magnum diesel....in delhi itz better to have a saloon or a hatchback rather than an suv...even if u buy a suv d cost advantage u r getting by buying a diesel would be  nullified by d fuel efficiency of suv's...nd between octy and magnum i prefer magnum because of performance and octy model at 10 lacs is totally empty as it just has pw and ps....

nh i meant that optra is the uncommon off d lot so i could go in for it

Ok, I could not get it right because of SMS lingo.

Uncommon works for you, but otherwise also Optra Magnum is a good car for several reasons already discussed. Nice choice, go for it.

go for the magnum..nothin matters if its a petrol or diesel.....magnum is one to go for.........or i think if u can wait then then wait for linea.....n at this budget u can get its diesel top end variant!!

Lucky kid, you are. The Civic is the car for you, has the looks, show and the go. Some customisation: decals and alloys and some xenon headlights you'll be ready to rock, add a good sound system with subwoofer...and boy you'll be attracting lotsa birds!!! LOL . Believe me Magnum is for guys my age<48yrs> not yours. Magnum looks more like 'Grease Lightning': reminds me of John Travolta and Olivia Newton John, they were hot property during my college days, the eighties.Durango Dude2008-07-29 18:28:58

bt i have teard that the new civic sport is going to launch soon in september...is it worth waiting for??source-www.driveinside.com

n hw abt d free 3 year servicing n d offer tht chevy is providing?besides an optra lt is 1.2 lakhs cheaper than d optra lt..+it would save me 2.5 thousand a mnth in diesel than for petrol..considering that d civic gives a 10kmpl  n optra 11.5kmpl..i knoe these are too small figures but ai must understand that i am still not earning..i mst save my dad's money ..wt do guys suggest am i wrong in my approach?????

bt i have teard that the new civic sport is going to launch soon in september...is it worth waiting for??source-www.driveinside.com

n hw abt d free 3 year servicing n d offer tht chevy is providing?besides an optra lt is 1.2 lakhs cheaper than d optra lt..+it would save me 2.5 thousand a mnth in diesel than for petrol..considering that d civic gives a 10kmpl  n optra 11.5kmpl..i knoe these are too small figures but ai must understand that i am still not earning..i mst save my dad's money ..wt do guys suggest am i wrong in my approach?????

No, not at all!!  You are absolutely right about the savings and also, the spares and servicing cost of the Optra will be less than that of Civic. If you are conscious abt saving your penny then Optra is definitely the one for you.

PS: please read the forum rules. SMS lingo is not allowed in the forum.

I think we are just having an explosion of it. Sometimes I feel that the forum is not in Engish at all.

FRG please to stamp down hard on it. smiley1.gif

I think we are just having an explosion of it. Sometimes I feel that the forum is not in Engish at all.

FRG please to stamp down hard on it. smiley1.gif

I think none of the forum members should reply to posts which are not in proper english. What do you folks think? Is it feasible?

Sorry for going off topic. Since this issue came up, thought of responding.

I thinking its mentioned somewhere that he already have a civic, having two same cars isn't a great idea.

CR-V diesel launch is no where near. And thus out of question, plus with the petrol one at 20L you expect the diesel to be of the cost of a magnum?

@carholic

You earlier said you didn't like laura amb cause it didn't had leather seats well these things can always be put aftermart and surely magnum interiors ain't that great to die for.

It's good you want to save your dad's money, but atleast buy something your dad would also like to and feel proud to drive.

Optra though launching magnum now has hiked its priced and entered into octy and civic competition but earlier it was a class lower and the feeling still remains.

Magnum interiors quality is good and its model LT is competing octy,corrolla from the very beginning...i think Optra magnum is a good choice...but also Laura Ambiente is a good car but its not as smooth,spacious like Optra....the engine of optra magnum is definately much better and its interiors are plush from very beginning only...

Magnum interiors quality is good and its model LT is competing octy' date='corrolla from the very beginning...i think Optra magnum is a good choice...but also Laura Ambiente is a good car but its not as smooth,spacious like Optra....the engine of optra magnum is definately much better and its interiors are plush from very beginning only...[/quote']

What beginning are you talking? I am saying the time when normal optra used to sell and there was no magnum, probably not even a diesel normal optra.

the engine of optra magnum is definately much better

definately????? better???? don't you think that's to strong a word to use.

May be would have sound better.

that is true people tend to compare it with the lower segment cars because i don't think laura has the wow factor.Optra does have it till some extent because it is uncommen  but considering the amount of laura's i don't think i turn my head i see it when it passes by for the magnum i do.....