vibhor

Skoda to hike prices from Aug!!

smiley1.gifHi friends.......Skoda India on Monday announced that the company is increasing price by Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000 across all the models effective from August 1. "The price hike has been necessitated by a variety of cost push factors like surge in freight costs and raw materials. The company has made efforts to absorb maximum costs to keep the price rise marginal so that the impact to our valued customers is minimised," said Mr Thomas Kuehl, Member Board of Directors, Sales and Marketing, Skoda India, in a release here. With its premium hatch back Fabia, Skoda India reported 69 per cent growth in sales in June. (cybersteering)......smiley17.gif

skodafabia1iw4.jpg

(PICTURE : Vibhor)....smiley17.gif

vibhor2008-07-29 11:16:29

But on 2nd thoughts, the people who are already spending so much on Fabia are not the ones who would turn elsewhere because of a meagre price rise. Remember these are rich people, they wont mind shelling out more.

speed2008-07-29 13:38:29

I have seen a few Fabia's on the road, doesn't look like they are worth the price. The top end Fabia<diesel> is almost equal to the price of my Elantra<petrol>. No design flair, looks very similar to the Swift, but the Swift looks better even now. For the 'tank' like build, it means more money down the 'septic tank', I guess.

ya.....always search for latest automotive news n reviews.........actually all are good.......but most i like are Cubic Capacity , Team BHP , Indiacar ,n this cybersteering.......there more also......

compared to how Honda is dealing with the inflation and falling rupee value, Skoda's option is better. There was another thread on how Honda is bringing in the new series after removing features like dual airbags and alloys. I'd rather pay the extra 10-20K to make my car look good (atleast in the case of Civic if not Fabia) than to spend 8-12L and realize that my car is without proper airbags and  looks patchy with wheel caps.