vibhor

Skoda to hike prices from Aug!!

compared to how Honda is dealing with the inflation and falling rupee value' date=' Skoda's option is better. There was another thread on how Honda is bringing in the new series after removing features like dual airbags and alloys. I'd rather pay the extra 10-20K to make my car look good (atleast in the case of Civic if not Fabia) than to spend 8-12L and realize that my car is without proper airbags and  looks patchy with wheel caps.
[/quote']

'Right said Fred' ooops Darklord Vader...

well even i agree that its better to increase the price rather than taking out bells and whistles in a car...imagine how an 11 lakh rupee car will look without alloys !!! well honda has never been generous in this aspect...the hc had alloy wheels only in vtec version and vtec despite being close to 8.5 lacs dint had airbags and abs !!! i praise skoda in this respect..their cars are pricey but are filled to the brim with equipments !!!!

Japanese always shy from equipment , whereas European or German manufacturers lay more stress on it. But Japanese makers are able to sell more with their strategy. Cost cutting is evident in all Japanese cars, its the way they do business.

Case of increasing the price of an already overpriced car!

Inflation or not, Skoda's strategy with Fabia has been incorrect right from the beginning. After taking light years to launch the car, the least they could have done was to source more components from local vendors.

Very right , FABIA was already priced exorbitantly & Skoda cant give any justification for more price rise.

Skoda is known to start the production of Fabia in India & indicated that prices may come down then.

ya..........fabia is already very overpriced car from the very begining........now it will get more pricey........dont know who will buy this expensive hatch which just looks similar to our swift!.......swift is better car than fabia with maruti's good service , cheap spares....n available at cheap price .......I think if this  price is going  to increase more then that day is not far when for price we will compare Fabia with 500!!!!!smiley36.gif

Skoda sales boss's interview in ACI was hillarious to say the least. He says that 'Fabia is a fantastic success' at an average sales of 850 units per month. He forgot that the last month's reported sales is only 650 units. He says that they had planned 10,000 units per month but he is happy at 850 units per month. He says that 1.2 litre petrol will conquer new segments (despite having a pathetic power and fuel cosumption).

Seems to be a case of 'Mungeri Lal ke haseen sapne'

ACI also very conveniently did not ask him the reason of stopping delivery of petrol models, pathetic performance, ignorant dealers, no support norms and lots of other issues raised in this forum.

I wonder why????????????

These firangi manufacturers are taking us for a ride by selling their overpriced and over hyped cars, because most of us we dont question them beyond 'milage kitni hai'

@akj53in, well I guess >500 units a month for a  knocked down kit seem sufficient. But none the less , I agree with you that Fabia is overpriced by a fair margin & that Petrol model has gremlins.

Its also true that foreign manufacturers are exploiting Indian consumers on some pretext or the other. The sale pricing mechanism has to be rationalised.

I took the delivery of Fabia 1.4 Petrol Elegance, last week and have done 80 Kms so far. I used to drive Honda Accord 2.4 for 4 years and Civic for 3 years previous to my Accord, but they are AUTO gears. This Fabia is strong built and you feel the every time you open or close the door, the interiors are well placed but there are teething design flaws like...your left leg hits with the radio box and the position of seat is tilted towards to more right to avoid your left leg hitting the radio unit (control).

The performance is good (the torque) but there is engine noise heard if you push the accelerate to spin more than 1800 rpm, but if you are at 3rd gear below 1800 rpm the cabin is quite, the A/C fan motor makes some strange noise which disturbes the inner ambience. The biggest drawback is the Petrol tank cap opener, you need your Car key to unlock it and lock it back once petrol is filled...which means you have stop engine get out of the car and get this done...will write more once i have taken this mini tank on the high way...

Congratulations on your new purchase. Good that you have taken on in an existing thread, though the topic is slightly different. Anyway no problems admin. shall move the post to appropriate place.

Your views on heavy built are true. The intricate detail about leg hitting the radio &  seat pushed to right shows that you have adequate knowledge about cars as a novice would not be able to notice such minute details.

Does one have to open the fuel lid with key in higher models also?

Keep on posting more about the car, many members were interested to know about petrol Fabia.

Skoda sales boss's interview in ACI was hillarious to say the least. He says that 'Fabia is a fantastic success' at an average sales of 850 units per month. He forgot that the last month's reported sales is only 650 units. He says that they had planned 10' date='000 units per month but he is happy at 850 units per month. He says that 1.2 litre petrol will conquer new segments (despite having a pathetic power and fuel cosumption). 

[/quote']

I think that is a misquote. Skoda planned for 10,000 Fabia in a YEAR not a MONTH. Out of they expected to sell 4,000 petrol fabias.

I took the delivery of Fabia 1.4 Petrol Elegance' date=' last week and have done 80 Kms so far. I used to drive Honda Accord 2.4 for 4 years and Civic for 3 years previous to my Accord, but they are AUTO gears. This Fabia is strong built and you feel the every time you open or close the door, the interiors are well placed but there are teething design flaws like...your left leg hits with the radio box and the position of seat is tilted towards to more right to avoid your left leg hitting the radio unit (control).

The performance is good (the torque) but there is engine noise heard if you push the accelerate to spin more than 1800 rpm, but if you are at 3rd gear below 1800 rpm the cabin is quite, the A/C fan motor makes some strange noise which disturbes the inner ambience. The biggest drawback is the Petrol tank cap opener, you need your Car key to unlock it and lock it back once petrol is filled...which means you have stop engine get out of the car and get this done...will write more once i have taken this mini tank on the high way...
[/quote']

Looks like you got 'tired' of Honda and opted for a Fabia!!! after owning a Civic and Accord. The Honda cars you have had are gems as far as the motors are concerned. Do really not feel the difference while driving the Fabia <Petrol>?? or where the previous cars chauffeur driven? The petrol motors for the Indian Fabia are crude and by any stretch of imagination can't be compared to the Honda motors you have mentioned. All the same enjoy your new car and keep us posted.

How about another way of looking at this pricing issue maybe Skoda is confident of selling the cars they make and therefore price it so, and others price their cars cheaper as they do not feel people will buy them otherwise. I wonder if anyone has the sales numbers of a comparable model like the Optra Magnum vs Skoda Octavia.

I have just the right data-- these figures are  from Society of Indian automobile Manufacturers SIAM these figures no of vehicles sold for May 2008

Executive segment - (4501 - 4700 mm length)

BMW 3 series - 80
Chevrolet Optra - 383
Honda civic - 751
Hyundai Elantra - 14
Mercedes C class - 165
Skoda Octavia/combi - 1025
Toyota Corola - 301

Now please don't tell me i have forged these figures...

I'm waiting for the delivery of my Fabia 1.2 Ambienete by August 18th. Yesterday, the delaers confirmed that the price hike for Fabia (in Kerala) would be around Rs. 6200. Initially they scared me saying that the hike would be around Rs. 15000 smiley18.gif

I would start a new thread on my experiences so far at the earliest

Congrats sreekumar on your decision to go in for Fabia 1.2. But why the wait for a car that is not selling like hot cakes? And, if you have already booked your vehicle before the price hike was announced, you would still get the previous price.

i had booked my car on 30th June. anyway, there was 1 month waiting period. but by july 15, Karkidakam (lean season as per kerala myths & tradition) had set in. So i decided to wait till August 16 when Chingam (Auspicious month for any thing) starts. Thats why the longgggggggg waitsmiley2.gif

i had paid up the entire amount by july 30th. but then dealer said that skoda didn't have Tangerine Orange color in stock in india and asked me to take Candy White/ Blacl/ Silver since its already available in stock and can be given at old price. I insisted on T. Orange, but was told that it would take 3-5 months for the kit to come from abroad. So i wrote to skoda india and skoda auto in Czhech explaining the situation. the response was swift and skoda fired the dealers and is bringing in T. Orange frm europe by this week so that i could take delivery around august 3rd week as stipulated before. i know its been hard to part with 6000 more since i already paid in full..but atleast i can get car in time in the color i selected. there was a major fight between the dealer and those who booked and many had to settle for C. White rather than the color they had originally booked for

These dealers are really crappy. Good that you got in touch with the company.

So, finally you will have your favourite car in your chosen colour, one  happy customer in the end!

I have just the right data-- these figures are  from Society of Indian automobile Manufacturers SIAM these figures no of vehicles sold for May 2008

Executive segment - (4501 - 4700 mm length)

BMW 3 series - 80

Chevrolet Optra - 383

Honda civic - 751

Hyundai Elantra - 14

Mercedes C class - 165

Skoda Octavia/combi - 1025

Toyota Corola - 301

I can't beleive these figures. The Octavia is the highest seller! The lousy Optra only 383 but more than the Corolla and the Elantra at the bottom. Skoda Octavia's diesel mileage and build quality are still seeing it through without a single facelift since launch.

Everybody is increasing prices and so will Skoda, though the Fabia remains absurdly priced for what it offers.

ya.....skoda haven't  given any facelift to  its ageing octavia since 2000 when it was launched!!.....i remember in one of the issue ACi asked skoda official are there any plans to discontinue octavia? the skoda official said - the octy is still selling in huge Nos. n the peple like it now also so they dont hav any reason to discontinue it ..............