pawannayak

Are Bookings for Santro AT Closed?

Hello everybody.... Im new to this forum... Its a nice place.

I actually had finally decided to settle down and purchase a Santro AT GLS for myself and went down to my nearest Hyundai dealer in Udupi to book the vehicle. To my surprise smiley3.gif they said that the production of the vehicle had been halted and bookings were closed. I did not believe them and went to the other closest dealer in Mangalore. The same story continued over there. They attributed this to the launch of the i10 auto.

I will be glad if somebody could sort my confusion out smiley5.gif. Has the Santro AT really been stopped. If not what can I do about it? I cant shell out the extra 60k it costs for the i10 AT. I really had my heart set on the Santro AT.

Thanks you guys.............smiley4.gif

thats surprising.......or if you want a automatic try wagonr A//T but i thnks its more expensive than santro A/T.....or as designer said try used santro....or i10 auto is best choice........

If  i10 auto seems out reach, try out Santro auto. 2nd. hand, as other members have also pointed out. You should be able to find a nicely maintained eg. easily, as it was used mostly by lady drivers or older people due to ease of driving.

Or else you could check out Wagon-r auto. ,if its still sold.

If he can overcome the looks, it should be a good buy. But is it due for a replacement? Both A-star & Splash are not going to replace it, so then is some other car on way from Maruti?

correct there r more cars going to launch from maruti's stable like A star n splash ...may be there will be a A/T option in them.......but at this tme i10 is the best....

Santro is a good and refined car; but it's at the fag end of it's life cycle. It'll probably be retained to battle with Maruti's tin cans viz Wagon R and Zen Estilo. It will be used as Hyundai's weapon to undercut Maruti as and when Maruti tries to do the same. But it's very refined hatch nonetheless for that price.

But Hyundai would still retain santro for a couple of more years.

It would be more than a couple of years, Hyundai won't be in a hurry to give up the Santro, that's why it has received regular doses of Botox to keep it afresh, and it's looks fresh even today: much better than the Zen Estilo or Wagon R, though they are doing very good number's.

So if u cant afford it now its better wait for sometime n then go for i10 as it will be good for longterm being latest ..or try wagonr or used santro ..i would prefer good used santro auto than wagonr coz overall santro is good car n wagonr auto technology is just too too old n its 3box

Could be that Santro AT is discontinued. Now the i10 will have three AT variants with AT (all with 1.2 Kappa). I have owned both the Maruti (Zen, At is the same) and Santro ATs and the latter is way superior. So get the i10 AT unless you must have a Tallboy!

Thanks everyone for your inputs. The Wagon R AT is a definite NO.. because of the 3-speed box.... Will be looking for either a used Santro or the new i10 AT if I can get my bank to stretch the loan.......