Rohan20

Need urgent help in buying a new car.

I am going to buy a new car very soon. presently I own a Hyundai santro, my budget is around 7 to 8 lacs. at the most 8.5 lacs. The two car in my mind would be the ford fiesta 1.6s and Hyundai Verna. can someone help me in buying a car .which of this both is better in performance and mileage ?

Do check out already existing threads on similar topics, you will gain lot of knowledge.

If you could specify more on your requirements, it would be easy for people guiding you.

If choice is between Fiesta 1.6s & Verna petrol, FIESTA 1.6s is the one to go in for.

Hi Rohan, i would recommend Fiesta 1.6 among the 2 cars u've listed. Ford's maintanence costs would be high though.

If you are open to other models as well, then consider the Maruti SX4 and the Honda City. Both are good value for money and are better than the 2 models u've listed in most parameters.

You can check out the SX4, its a good package , but avoid the honda city for now ,as a new model is due, or if you do like it, push for big discounts.

Out of these two, it would definitely be the Fiesta 1.6 S. Much better looks, 100bhp engine, better handling than the Verna and must be better built too. I think there mileage will be identical. The interiors of the Fiesta S are also better than the Verna.

5u3zEr02008-07-30 15:08:09

Fiesta 1.6s is the best drivers car in the specified range. It is immense pleasure to drive & closest one can get to having a sports car in this range.

among the 2 Fiesta S is a better car.

alternatives- 1. sx4 (realiability and low maintenance costs)

2. next generation City (will surely be a great car- its worth for the time you wait)

Fiesta is the one to go ..go for it.. this new one is really nice with improved looks n performance......or if you can wait for sometime u will get another two great options too....ie: New Honda City  and Fiat Linea......both of them are going to be nice cars...... for brand comfort etc its City......or if you are intrested in diesel Fiat Linea Multijet is the best ........i will again suggest wait for their launch if u can...........smiley17.gif

Try the Fiesta 1.6S or if you need peace of mind go for the Verna 1.6. Ford is for the performance and looks and Verna for better aftersales service. Ford's service even after all these years is not great, and parts costs are quiet high, as compared to Hyundai.

hey rohan its best to avoid fiesta cause its maintainance cost is really sky high.....and rather than buying verna i would advice you to buy sx4 which is d best car according to me in that segment !!!!

i was shocked at d pricing of spare parts of ford india when a story carrying d same was highlighted in aci august issue....a man's ikon ac had stopped working...later it was diagnosed that the ac clutch and compressor is to be changed and guess what was the cost quoted by ford india....46000 bucks...dis sum is enough to give a heartattack to d owner !!! if anyone owns a ford or skoda its compulsory for d owners to have a health insurance with a good cover !!!!

well the sx4 sounds like a good choice for you....avoid the fiesta because ford's maintaince costs might burn a whole in your pocket and also avoid the verna not a good car with those looks!well you might want to consider another car which people simply dont like due to obvious reasons-the chevy aveo.Its quite a capable car which has the most comfortable rear seats and superb ride quality.On the looks department it beats all the cars of its segment and looks awesome on the road.The top end model that is under 8 lakhs has the best interiors in its class.The aveo looks and feels expensive but it is incredibly priced and you get a a whole lot of goodies too along with GM'S maintaince plan.But on the flip side aveo is not a drivers car inspite of being powerful the engine feels sluggish ang handling is not good too but i think the gearshift has improved now and also it doesn't have a good resale value so if those are ur key priorities then avoid it and go for the sx4 because the new city would be expensive!

cheerssmiley4.gif

sx4 is a very good choice. the mileage is not bad either. mine gives around 13km/ltr. its a good value for money package. but if it is just between fiesta and verna, then go for verna considering space and company backup. fiesta, on the other hand, is a very good driver's car- nothing else. moreover, the company backup is pathetic. choose one on the basis of your priority.

SX4 mileage wont be above 8-9km in the city,as a cousin of mine has one,its all plasticky and the car rattels at high-speeds,I would suggest you out of the options youhave choosen the Ford Fiesta 1.6S will be a good choice and complete value for money and the performance will give a run for money over sx4 and verna,the 1.6S duratec engine is very very quick responsive and torquey,over-all the car have sporty feel which lacks in many of our indian sedand,I agree with the members about the ford A.S.S. but again it depends on how wel you build up a relation with your service guys.AFAIK the ford fiesta is completely built in India and till my knowledge the spares and body parts are almost same as in its segment.Hope this info helps you in making the correct decesion,simple idea is Test Drive all the cars if possible and then listen to your heart.... cheers

AK smiley1.gif

smiley1.gif    SX4's milage is not at all bad........in city it will give around 10kpl and on highways around 15kpl if driven properly...n idont think so that it will be a good idea to kick out SX4 from the list just bcoz of its little bit low mileage........u are getting hell lot of goodies at down to earth price!!.....so somthing will have to be compromised isnt it??.............smiley17.gif  vibhor2008-07-31 13:33:25