Rohan20

Need urgent help in buying a new car.

Hi ' date=' Asif, Linea would be a better car than Fiesta, its only concerns about Fiat delivering on after sales. Linea is expected in September, it will have a 1.8 litre petrol motor producing- 140 BHP. Expected price- 7L for base model.
[/quote']

Hey Speed,

May i know what's the source for your information?

Guys,

I know I am getting fickle minded, not able to come to any decision!

Today evening I went to see Logan edge  & rejected it because the dealer's service was pathetic & my knees actually hit the steering's shaft.

Then I saw the honda city gxi & I was bowled over by its interior / space.

I have not test driven it , but it has changed the rules of teh games for me.

After looking at that some how fiesta is not looking so attractive.

Well Logan is a spacious & comfortable car, only looks are a -ve. factor. Servicing though by Mahindra is satisfactory in most parts of the country , but some leftover from erstwhile  Mahindra jeeps era can still be disturbing.

I guess SX4s looks are better than Citys.

City's interior is definitely attractive and is of a higher quality wrt the competition. The Fiesta runs the city close on the quality and feel of the materials but the design itself is subjective. City is a great car to drive on city roads but if you are looking for some spirited driving in your car, then you will be disappointed with the City. Its steering is light and hardly has any feel. If you are fine with it and the fact that you would be buying a model that is going to be replaced in a couple of month's time go for the City. I would still prefer the Fiesta.

Guys,

I am in completely confused state. Not able to come up to any decsion.

I went to see cedia Select & took test drive.

It was a car !!.  I really felt like buying it.

The dealer is giving 50K discount which is making it 9.5 L on road.

Remember I started with abudget of 7.5-8l & now am staring at 9.5 L.

what to do !!!

The dealer says mitsubishi si offering this discount only till 15th aug. Is it a gimmick? Or they will offer it later too?

I would have gone for it  I could get it by 9.10 L or so.

Right now still undecided.!

Is it possible to get it in 9 - 9.1 L range?

Hi Asif, dont worry , most of car buyers go through this dilemma. Cedia is a good car, its the best to drive, maybe does not have outright performance, but chassis & handling is rally inspired.

50k discount for Select variant seems okay, but one can always push for more, but the dealer is pressureising you about 15 aug. Even if they withdraw the scheme, it will appear in a better shape later as new launches come in. Still in the meantime, if not 50 , 40 would be available anytime, as Cedia is not going to witness surge in sales.

i would suggest u to wait till diwali if u r not in hurry...during that time new launches are there and if u dont like that u can go in for current one as also they will be having great discounts due to festive season and also due to new launches...

Hey asif, when you have stretched your budget up to 9L wait for the new city to launch. As you are attracted to current GXI model of City, I am sure you will not be disappointed. Never buy a Cedia or other car which has not proven much. It will blow your pocket when you want to sell the car. Honda has the highest resale value in Indian market. All the best.

yeah, I am abstaining  from taking any decision now. Looks like Linea is not going to get launched in september.

Went to see fiesta & cedia with my bro-in-law. We cocurred  that if I am paying 8L for fiesta, then might as well shell out 1 to 1.25 L more & get a cedia.

As I said 9.5 l is what dealer is offering. It is possible he may offer any 25 - 30 k.

Guys what say ! if I am getting cedia at 9.1 - 9.2 do u thing it is a good car to own?

I do not intend to sell it in next 5-6 years. I am parting with santro bcoz have driven hatch back zen & santro for past 8-10 yrs & now want to own a good sedan for next 5-7 yrs, which is fuel efficient, comfortable and also having features like ABS etc.

yeah' date=' I am abstaining  from taking any decision now. Looks like Linea is not going to get launched in september.

Went to see fiesta & cedia with my bro-in-law. We cocurred  that if I am paying 8L for fiesta, then might as well shell out 1 to 1.25 L more & get a cedia.

As I said 9.5 l is what dealer is offering. It is possible he may offer any 25 - 30 k.

Guys what say ! if I am getting cedia at 9.1 - 9.2 do u thing it is a good car to own?

I do not intend to sell it in next 5-6 years. I am parting with santro bcoz have driven hatch back zen & santro for past 8-10 yrs & now want to own a good sedan for next 5-7 yrs, which is fuel efficient, comfortable and also having features like ABS etc.

[/quote']

here's my 2 cents

• nikvint's right - the cedia has no resale value so don't touch it

• mistubishi plans to launch the new lancer in early 2009 (What Car? magazine on the stands now) which will mean they will drop the price of the Cedia - so you will lose even more on this purchase

• honda does have the best resale (toyota as well) in my opinion but can you afford driving a petrol car at these prices? there are no diesel hondas in this country

• if you're on a 7 - 8 lac budget, wait for the Linea (out next year latest), or the new Ikon (out Nov.) which will have the same (diesel) engine as the Fiesta

• your best bet, in my opinion, is to buy the Hyundai i20 which will come equipped with a lot more tech and the same excellent diesel that powers the Verna. sure there's no sedan-like boot, but it's definitely a segment up from the santro, and will have the space of a sedan and (relatively) decent luggage space. plus it should cost less than the verna. and it's out in Oct.

• or get the face lifted Logan out next year

smiley1.gif

diablo379892008-08-12 21:24:47

if u r ready to pay 8-9 lacs no Ikon for you and do wait for New Honda City and Linea...Though Cedia is very capable car but resale will make you unhappy though for 5-6 years u should not worry about resale but just do wait for NHC 

I think CNG model is not out yet.

By the way is it possible to convert cedia petrol ito petrol + cng later?

This way if I go for petrol now & get it fitted with CNG kit. ( instead of LPG).

"mistubishi plans to launch the new lancer in early 2009 (What Car?

magazine on the stands now) which will mean they will drop the price of

the Cedia - so you will lose even more on this purchase"

I guess this will be lancer evo 10 something which will be in bracket of more than 13L or so. Is it correct? I mean I will face dilemma if the new lancer competes with cedia in terms of pricing. If they are in diffrerent segment in terms of pricing, I feel still inccliend towards cedia.

I think , I once saw an add about CNG Cedia, it would be better if you confirm from dealership.

Cedia petrol can be converted to CNG later, but if you convert immediately from outside, maybe the warranty gets sacrificed. From the dealership it would cost in the region of 35-50k, which I believe is a little high.

The new Lancer due next year will be in a higher category, around 12L. Maybe they drop the prices of Cedia then, but not more than 50k As, after the launch of Cedia, old Lancers prices were not reduced significantly. But one can never predict whats in their minds.

If you can get a CNG Cedia from the showroom, go for it , but remember to push for discounts.

It will be the "Lancer" not the "EVO" which will be offered at 13L. It doesn't matter whether they(Mitsu) lower their price or not, it already has a very poor resale. And if you are going to keep your vehicle for 5 years, resale hardly matters. You can buy a petrol Cedia and convert it to CNG later.

i think Alpg will be best coz they some done something with their Cedia so that Lpg will not affect the performance of the car and also its neatly fitted in the boot..if u can go for that its good blend of performance, Economy and good product ...its something like Common rail gas or something like that just like diesel Crdi which feels like u r driving petrol Alpg is also like that only..

Well what I had in mind was that would it be possible to get Cedia petrol & then depending upon my usage, some time later get HM to fit LPG/CNG.

I found on net some press reelases where statements like plans to have cedia in cng  mode etc were made somehwre in april 2008.

Well what I had in mind was that would it be possible to get Cedia petrol & then depending upon my usage' date=' some time later get HM to fit LPG/CNG.

I found on net some press reelases where statements like plans to have cedia in cng  mode etc were made somehwre in april 2008.

[/quote']

Yes you can get it fitted by either HM dealer or an RTO authorised centre. I run my petrol Elantra on LPG fitted by an RTO authorised workshop and it runs absolutely fine.