Kinshuk

Air intake mod Honda City

Are there any ill effects of removing the rubber pipe which controls the air intake to the air filter in the Honda City (idsi)?

(its the small rubber pipe which is connected to the air cleaner)

nah Im not gonna remove the filter, there's a small open ended pipe which regulates the amount of air goin into the air filter box;

I havent done this on my city but drove my friend's city, which didnt have it and there was no initial lag which you feel while acclerating in an idsi model.

if u have a city at hand...go see, there's a small rubber pipe located after the airfilter assy (it fits into it) (just between the battery and the left headlight)...it regulates the amount of air being sucked into the airfilter...

Maybe someone like Sgiitk or other qualified people may comment on this...

Thanks for the complement. I am afraid I would not fiddle with the plumbing of a complex modern engine. I had posted some time back, the problems caused in a BMW2800 by the removal of a 3mm dia tube!

Kinshuk, incidentally I hail from Lucknow, and still visit the city about once a month.

@Sgiitk:  thats the reason why I thought of posting this first here and then trying it out...get a few opinions and weigh the pros and cons...

Yeah, noticed dat ur from Kanpur, nice to know that ur from Lucknow!

Absolutly forgot about the BMW post...was my first post if I remember correctly...still regret that 500GBP repair job, incidentally my first car was for 500GBP!!!!!!

btw ne1 tried a KN on their City...is it really worth it?

The cost benefit ratio has to be looked into!!

Have also written to Honda for some tech input on the utility of that piece of rubber...lets see why its there!
Kinshuk2008-08-01 17:38:38

Fish out the old link of K & N. Gurkha had posted this one, and was indeed shocking.

The amount of dust it lets through makes it a totally undesirable option, unless you plan to sell your car pretty quickly.