vibhor

NewTata Indica V3 coming...now launched!

indica-v35.thumbnail.jpg 

20080813_073626_indica-v354.jpg

20080813_073735_indica-v31.jpg

smiley1.gifHi friends..........Winds of change are blowing at Tata Motors, one of the largest automobile company in India. One of the most awaited and important launch of the year, the all new Tata Indica V3 (Codenamed X1)  is going to be launched soon.

The test mules have been snapped multiple times undergoing testing in and around Pune city by various sources. The styling is evolutionary and maintains the family resemblance. The car looks handsome with the steeply raked headlamps, smiling grille upfront and christmas tree tail lights that go all the way to the top and has a purposeful, confident stance.

The car features a centrally mounted instrument console and the overall quality is expected to the best yet from a Tata passenger vehicle. The Indica V3 will come with the famed 1.3 Multijet engine from Fiat which is being built at Fiat-Tata

Rear & side look identical to the present Indica, though more muscular due to the ridge lines running through. Front is catchy with those sharply raked headlamps. One more thing worth noticing is the reduced panel gaps, this is significant from Tatas point of view & seems Tata would finally deliver on build quality & refinement.

Tata would also be exporting this model, so safety should be good.

Nano is coming around the festive season, so this should come before that , as Tata would not want to divert its attention from Nano.

Price would be a little more than present Indica.

speed2008-07-31 11:53:40

this one has some hints from some Ford models...more Ka and a bit of Fusion...!?! and the much talked about 1.3 multijet Fiat engine...hopefully they can get quality issues in line otherwise it'll remain a Taxi operator's #1 choice...

Kinshuk2008-07-31 13:39:28

I guess octane u r making decision just on looks.. wait for the car to come and then lets c whether u would like to own one or not

Cheers

Vroomo

What i meant in my earlier post is that it bears too close a resemblance to its cheaper(and older) sibling and there is little differentiation in terms of looks except for the size and the headlamps. When i would be spending close to a lakh more i better get something which looks different!!

I am not saying it's a bad car and my comments are entirely based on what i have seen in pics.Hope it does look better and fresh in flesh.
octane_1002008-07-31 14:01:41

this one has some hints from some Ford models...more Ka and a bit of Fusion...!?! and the much talked about 1.3 multijet Fiat engine...hopefully they can get quality issues in line otherwise it'll remain a Taxi operator's #1 choice...

It looks more similar to the Citroen C3. Cosmetic changes are made in a smart way to hide the fact that its copied and the Tata motors'  engineers have succeeded in giving their family look. Anyway the C3 looks more cute to me.

0513214.jpg

@ Jimgeo, I see  little resemblance between the two. If  there is some, then its more with V2. But anyways this doesnt seem to be an eg. worth emulating.

Tata seems to be thinking fast and quick decesions to tap the market. apart from the new indica they are also concentrating hard on the MUV / Van that is to compete Innova. My route to office in Pune happens to be testing tracks for many manufacturers including Tata. couple of days back on way back to home I saw a convoy of 7/8 of these vehicles. all of them covered with black cloth. looked similar to size like the innova. it was night time and cars were travelling pretty high speed around 110Kph plus. didn't get a chance to snap them though.

Expect these cars to be coming in market soon

Tata X-over or something, this was the name of the concept, maybe they give a diff. name to production version.

I shall reserve my faith in Tata to provide good quality products in future.

hmm.....thats good news that actual competition for innova is going to be started.....i agree with speed that X-over is the name of concept may be the real one will hav diffent name........

@vtec guy= its nice that you spotted the testing tata car....but it could be more better if could snap it pics ...but anyways now they ar  captured in your eyes......smiley17.gif

Ya it was doing rounds in my mind, I was wondering that the name had something to do with the naming philosophy of  TATA, in which India is an integral part.

Front end looks like 'Ford Edge' Kinetic design, rear is pure heavy arsed Indica. The sides are generic large hatch. Yeah the panel gaps are uniform and narrow. Hope the quality levels have improved. The engines are sure fire successes, wish they borrow the transmissions, too. Hope this Indica makes me eat humble pie <viz: prove me wrong about Tata products>; I'm hoping it will, then who knows I may go ahead and buy one. Hey, Vibhor, thanks for the pics.Durango Dude2008-08-01 13:14:09

I  test drove an Indica Dicor a couple of weeks back  when i was hunting for a car around 5 lakhs price point and i was surprised at the improvements Tata has made! This was my first try at the Indica after i drove a turbo diesel a year ago. the finish seemed tolerable and the biggest improvements in my opinion were the gearshift and the engine. The engine felt refined and responsive. My only grouse was the ergonomics, especially the awkwardly placed throttle pedal which gave my foot a pain with in 5 mins!!!