DEVEN MODY

sedan diesel

You are right , Laura rider should be on the cards & this is Skodas tested strategy. Even Fabia will get the same treatment. But logically thinking, if Skoda were to come up with cheaper variant of Laura, it will collide with the already existing Octy. models, which will be a cause of conflict. So, to avoid any canabalisation of sales, Skoda would have to reduce Octys. price & to avoid giving it a down market model appeal, give a facelift also.

Have you had any problems with Chevy service, if no then go ahead and buy the Magnum, 'its more car per car' for that money. If your one with deep pockets and wants brand value and good resale, then go for the Octy L&K, that's sure to give you status.

Skoda would have to reduce Octys. price & to avoid giving it a down market model appeal' date=' give a facelift also.
[/quote']

I think they have already done this. I read an ad in TOI some 2-3 months back that "Octavia is now available at 10.XX Lakhs". Cannot remember which variant and whether it was a limited period offer. Has anyone else read this ad??

And i think you are contradicting yourselves. Why would it spend more money on the facelift and then reduce the price??
octane_1002008-08-01 13:23:26

I think they have already done this. I read an ad in TOI some 2-3 months back that "Octavia is now available at 10.XX Lakhs". Cannot remember which variant and whether it was a limited period offer. Has anyone else read this ad??

And i think you are contradicting yourselves. Why would it spend more money on the facelift and then reduce the price??

10 L must be petrol model price.

you did not read my comment properly, give a facelift to avoid giving a down market appeal. Remember Skoda sells its cars with an image, it would not want to sacrifice that.

Guys, it was for the Octavia Ambiente 1.9TDI at 10.70 lakhs Ex-showroom Delhi and it was not a limited period offer They had discontinued the rider model and brought in the ambiente model again at that price. The advertisements where there in all leading newspapers and even a thread exists in the forum about it.