anjan_c2007

Come Dec 08/Jan 09 which car will you choose?

Vote for the hottest new hatch that you'll like to be yours  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the hottest new hatch that you'll like to be yours

• Tata Nano
    • Tata Indica V3
    • Fiat Punto
    • Suzuki A star
    • Hyundai i20

Come December 2008/ January 2009 these new launches will heat up the market scene. The Tata Nano launch precedes all the other debuts and figures in the poll.

By 2010/11 the Ford and GM small car, Volkswagen Polo,Honda Jazz and Toyota small car will also be in the markets.

The hatch and premium hatch market that accounts for 70% of all car sales in India is getting ready for some big times with big players.

Please choose you hot favourite from among the Dec2008/ Jan 09 launches.

smiley4.gif

I would have ideally gone ahead & bought a Punto, but for Fiats poor record. Also Linea would be coming 1st. & Punto might see the sunshine on Indian roads by middle of next year.

As of  between other contenders, I would choose 2 rather than 1 : Tata Nano for the shear concept & A-Star for being from Marutis stable & a new engine.

For the vote part, I'll choose A-star , as Ive already voted for Nano in another thread. But lack of diesel in A-star will be a concern.

speed2008-08-01 16:06:42

i will definately go for Maruti Suzuki A-Star ......bcoz of its cute looks and its maker is maruti ...yeah !! right our very relaible carmaker Maruti!!..followed by Punto, i20 n tata at last indica and nano.......smiley1.gifvibhor2008-08-01 18:03:26

Tis very difficult to vote for anything without looking at them. But my vote is for my fav. carmaker, Hyundai. Sure they will try hard with the i20. Wish them all success. Hope they get the price correct. I have a feeling that Hyundai is  concentrating more on it's export business than the domestic market. I think its the only carmaker with decent export volumes. Especially the i10 has notched up an impressive number of more than 1 lakh in such a short span of time.

smiley17.gif ya......really nano is only good as a second car ......n only for small trips......i know when i take my 800 (with 800cc engine) for quite a long trip the Temp. gauge needle statrs points at "H" and dont know what will happpen to nano (with 600cc) in this case!!..........n if Tata people think it willl be a good alternative for those people who hav scooter/bikes n needs a car at cheaper price.......ok i agree it is .....but in india there are still some people who cant afford the nano worth Rs.1 lac!!!!..........smiley17.gif i know it wil hurt some of the nano fans ..but take it as my personal opinion only..!

Sorry , am slowly going off topic........smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-08-02 06:00:10

@ Vibhor, 800 is a boon in tight city streets, I dont even have to worry if its scraping or bumping from anywhere, repairs are cheapest. My car also reaches "H" mark in a hurry.

Nano would too be a blessing in City traffic, I'll just zip it past everything!

@ Vibhor' date=' 800 is a boon in tight city streets, I dont even have to worry if its scraping or bumping from anywhere, repairs are cheapest. [/quote'] @ speed = buddy i think you hav not understand what am trying to say.........am saying that 800's engine bcomes  hot easily so what will happen to nano's!!....i dont understand where the 800 cost, ,spares..boon in city atc...etc is coming?smiley36.gif