rssh

BMW or MERC or AUDI

Hi guys which brand u like the most and Y? Tell us abt which car of  there u like.

I definately like the BMW brand as there priority is the fun to drive factor n they do not compromise the driving dynamics over luxury.  My favourite in it is the M5. 

1) Audi. Coz I like sleepers. Theres nothing like kicking unsuspecting ass.

2) BMW. Two letters should suffice: M and 3.

3) Merc.. well.. l think about it when m 60 years old, have a paunch and sh!tload of cash in the bank... smiley36.gif

Well said - agree 100 % with you.

I love the Audi because it does not try very hard to be anything. The acceleration is so understated and if one wants to have some fun then it is best to go for the quattro - the ESP does not cut in early and you can have your share of fun in the real world. You do not need to go out of town and find sharp turns - everyday office trips give you a daily dose of satisfaction. All this with fantastic ride quality (debatable point specially for a fast A4) and all the luxury you want.

Second would be BMW in my opinion - nothing to do with design but very boy racer type. Great steering with balance and thats it.

Third would be MB - Just because I do not think they do anything well other than cosetting the passengers and it is like shouting from the top of a mountain - "I have arrived". Maybe I have not arrived yet. By the way, only a S 500 / 600 will do when I would be 70 years old (wishful thinking). Currently could have thought about a AMG CL only because of the looks but it is priced way more than what it is worth.

BMW-For the driving experiance-Taunt and sharp handling as well as looks.

Audi- Ride quality and interiors especially the red cockpit effect.

Merc-The only one tried and tested for Indian conditions for the longest time.

Hi guys which brand u like the most and Y? Tell us abt which car of  there u like.

I definately like the BMW brand as there priority is the fun to drive factor n they do not compromise the driving dynamics over luxury.  My favourite in it is the M5. 

Any views about the Volvo? They seem to be great value for money.

BMW-For the driving experiance-Taunt and sharp handling as well as looks.

Audi- Ride quality and interiors especially the red cockpit effect.

Merc-The only one tried and tested for Indian conditions for the longest time.

My own take on BMW and Merc since I do not have experience on the Audi...

Merc in India: Elegant, classy and probably has the best service network. Good ride quality. But stingy when it comes to features and is not value for money. For example the seats are required to be manually adjusted till the E-Class and does not have the memory option. There are other iritants such as this even though their products cost more than the BMW.

BMW in India: Good cars, flashy with a lot of technology and features built in. Provide much better value for money and probably better resale value than the Mercs. However do not have a proper sales network even in metros leave alone a service network as they hardly respond to sales requests. The ride quality is also quite harsh due to the run flat tyres...

Ideally I keep hoping that the BMW would have the class and elegance and the ride quality of the Merc while retaining all its fancy features. Hopefully their sales and service network will be better...

On the other hand, I hope that the Merc in India start reacting to competition and start providing better value for money that what is being provided now.

I have not driven the Audi or the Volvo, but am hesitant due to the lack of a proper service network.

Sure the new C class will raise the bar.

and u are right about the lack of servicing facilities which as of now are restd to metros only.

I dont think that I have an issue with the Mercs internationally, but more with Mercs in India. While the new C Class will raise the bar in terms of overall features, I am not sure if Mercedes India will offer value for the money that you pay for the new C Class. For example in the 325i the driver and passenger seats are electronically controled with memory. But even in the E Class in India, the front and back movement of the seat is mechanical and it does not have memory. There are many more such issues and when you compare the Merc with the BMW in India, you find that you are being short changed. I have a feeling that Merc in India is going to get hit quite badly if they do not wake up and provide state of art features the way Audi, BMW and Volvo do for the money that they charge.

This is already being indicated by the number of cars that BMW has sold this year compared to Mercedes in India.

Merc is a good company but they r not understanding that Indian people buy value for money cars n they should not take out features from indian cars .BMW india give the same features they give internationally

Merc is a good company but they r not understanding that Indian people buy value for money cars n they should not take out features from indian cars .BMW india give the same features they give internationally

I toally agree. Especially since they are pricing their cars the way they do internationally for the highest end models :-)

Guys how do u like the looks of the new Audi A4 in the recent car show .I quite liked it as it resembles to its sibling couple.

It like it a lot. As I said in my earlier posts, I hope that Audi sets up a better dealer network and also starts manufacturing their cars in India.

BMW- Just for HANDLING,HANDLING,HANDLING.....

When i reach a time i cant drive i will have a Merc for its ride quality and comfort.I pray that doesnt happen.

Audi is the new merc  - great engineering, solid build, fantastic performance and as understated as you can get

BMW - is the still the best overall - drives and designed like a sports car, but with all the creature comforts and frills

MERC ? - S Class is the best car in the world - 100 percent, but for C and E they are in the process of BMWising their cars - the C drives much better, the new E will too - and design wise they have a new solid looking identity - as on the C - no more soft forms say the designers - merc is the most difficult to define today

WHAT CAR would i choose - without a test drive

BMW every time - if you love drivign the 3 is just nirvana