sreekumar

Buying Fabia 1.2 HTP - Experience so Far

Nice writeup sreekumar. You are very meticulous with dates , I always forget them.

Diesel Fabia vibrates more due to Pump Dusse engine technology. CRDI engines are more refined.

I feel Skoda should not have charged the extra price rise from you , just for change in color, they should have obliged the customer for such a small thing.

Anyway best of luck to you for your new car. May it turn out to be your dream car!

this is very long post but very nicely written!smiley17.gif anyways u will get your car soon n ya dont forget to post its pics here!..will be waiting ........ smiley1.gifvibhor2008-08-06 18:00:23

certain things are worth the wait..just like i had dreamed of owning an RX 100 while i was in 6th standard and it took me another 8 years to realize my dream..and i'm still having that dream machine with mesmiley1.gif

similarly i hope Fabia turns out to be the same (atleast for 4 years)

My first car was a M800 and then I jumped many rungs when I bought the Hyundai Accent <first batch> when it was launched in '99 Dec. I jumped from Maruti to 'just' Hyundai. But, Sreekumar, you are are jumping from a Maruti to Skoda, that sure is a terrific leap. Have a nice time and keep us posted.

Hey Sreekumar, nice writeup. your buying experience for VTEC was more interesting read for me. That just makes me feel that I had a bargain buy for my Black VTEC. I spend 5.49 lakhs for 2002 BLack VTEC with 32K on odometer.. absolutely scratch less piece...Bought it in 2005 and now 60K on odo... I am sure going to keep it for long time now... :-)

DD, down here in south, most of us follow joint family system still..so it means that we would be staying at parents home..so parents car can be used by us also..so in our case, my dad got a 2005 Accent 1.6 GLS (ABS), which i use frequently or in case of any long distance travel smiley2.gif I love the Accent for its power and control.Dad started with the good ol' Premier Padmini, then graduated to M-800, then had two Zens (pre-2003 model, which i love more than the facelifeted version in 2003), then moved on to Opel Corsa (2001) and finally Accent.He's planning to change the Accent by November. Keeping fingers crossed on the release of th New Honda City by then

As for my 'jump' from Maruti to Skoda, ofcourse there was Hyundai Getz inbetween. But didn't like much of its styling (personal opinion). So that ruled out the Hyundai. Moreover, since in anycase, dad would be using a sedan type, i decided to take the hatchback type (contradicting the hunt for OHC VTECs, right?smiley36.gif but it was and still is a dream vehicle for me and slow down to really stare passing VTECs)

Really Old city Vtec is still the best...with those Shining alloys and gem like engine and royale looks that was best car....i still have OHC but non-vtec and its still in new like condition...we are not plannign to sell it and its being 5 years its with me....we will sell our 3 year old Getz but not this Honda...

well said BS..OHC VTEC is one of the timeless classics that came out in auto arena..real drivers car. it should have something special in ints heart when humans get attached to it this much. I've talked to many OHC owners and majority of them are unwilling to part with their possessionsmiley32.gif 

In that case, OHC VTECs would be moving off ths shelf red hot smiley1.gif Many people are still out there with prayers that OHC would come back..just like some guys praying for the return of RX 100.

I should note that i did tinker around with the thought of booking Swift for quite sometimes when so much mystery covered the 1.2 HTP. But i resisted the temptation just by looking at the pics of Fabia and Swift side by sidesmiley2.gif

Hey Sreekumar' date=' nice writeup. your buying experience for VTEC was more interesting read for me. That just makes me feel that I had a bargain buy for my Black VTEC. I spend 5.49 lakhs for 2002 BLack VTEC with 32K on odometer.. absolutely scratch less piece...Bought it in 2005 and now 60K on odo... I am sure going to keep it for long time now... :-)

[/quote']

The Honda's sure hold their price; 5.49 l for a six year old is sure a high price. I think. It show's how the owners hold onto their Honda VTEC's thus jacking up the 2nd hand prices.

DD' date=' down here in south, most of us follow joint family system still..so it means that we would be staying at parents home..so parents car can be used by us also..so in our case, my dad got a 2005 Accent 1.6 GLS (ABS), which i use frequently or in case of any long distance travel smiley2.gif I love the Accent for its power and control.Dad started with the good ol' Premier Padmini, then graduated to M-800, then had two Zens (pre-2003 model, which i love more than the facelifeted version in 2003), then moved on to Opel Corsa (2001) and finally Accent.He's planning to change the Accent by November. Keeping fingers crossed on the release of th New Honda City by then

As for my 'jump' from Maruti to Skoda, ofcourse there was Hyundai Getz inbetween. But didn't like much of its styling (personal opinion). So that ruled out the Hyundai. Moreover, since in anycase, dad would be using a sedan type, i decided to take the hatchback type (contradicting the hunt for OHC VTECs, right?smiley36.gif but it was and still is a dream vehicle for me and slow down to really stare passing VTECs)
[/quote']

Sree, Im also from down south, your on the western side <Kerala> and I'm from the east < Chennai, TN>. Yes I also lived in a joint family. Till both my parents passed away in the past 2 years.

DD' date=' down here in south, most of us follow joint family system still..so it means that we would be staying at parents home..so parents car can be used by us also..so in our case, my dad got a 2005 Accent 1.6 GLS (ABS), which i use frequently or in case of any long distance travel smiley2.gif I love the Accent for its power and control.Dad started with the good ol' Premier Padmini, then graduated to M-800, then had two Zens (pre-2003 model, which i love more than the facelifeted version in 2003), then moved on to Opel Corsa (2001) and finally Accent.He's planning to change the Accent by November. Keeping fingers crossed on the release of th New Honda City by then

[/quote']

Sree, Im also from down south, your on the western side <Kerala> and I'm from the east < Chennai, TN>. Yes I also lived in a joint family. Till both my parents passed away in the past 2 years.

sorry to hear that DD. seems like my Fabia experience is turning out to be a OHC thread smiley4.gif guess one can't underestimate the passion for that

hey sree u really make a good writer...ur buying expeireirience was really well written and i really liked it inspite of it being long...the advantage of fabia 1.2 over 1.4 is that 1.2 has really good low end power which makes it apt for city use...its max torque comes at a lowly 3000 rpm while for d swift it comes at 4500 rpm...well evaluating ur new car and zen there isnt going to bemuch difference in performance apart from the fact that ur new one will have better power at the lower end !! old honda city vtec is an asset comparable to land these daysz...u can sell this car at a really good price as sree mentioned that he was willing to pay 6 lacs for a vtec !! well this is d car which i would have loved to own as well and even in delhi nowdaysz i see really less vtec models !!!

It's true that 1.2 isn't much high on power. But i rarely cross 80-100km barrier even on highways.i just love to cruise along enjoying the ride with some music..just like the cruise on an Rx 100, listening to its exhaust note at 40-50km/hr.  As i had mentioned, its mostly for city use where i find it more handy than the Zen on which i've to strain my left handsmiley19.gif. More than that, its the overall fit and finish of fabia which i prefer more.

Apologize for the long post on experience. but once the typing bug bites m, it takes some time to kill it..

but really sree u r a good writer...u should give it a try...even i own a zen and u will agree on onething that with ac on the car's engine lacks responsiveness and the ride is a bit harsh !!!

i think that old gen. zens were more fun to ride than the 2003 version zens..ofcourse, it sucks to be sitting inside the car fuming because of the poor response.

as for writing, i love to write, even more when its rainy, dark and breezysmiley2.gif

Hey Sreekumar' date=' nice writeup. your buying experience for VTEC was more interesting read for me. That just makes me feel that I had a bargain buy for my Black VTEC. I spend 5.49 lakhs for 2002 BLack VTEC with 32K on odometer.. absolutely scratch less piece...Bought it in 2005 and now 60K on odo... I am sure going to keep it for long time now... :-)

[/quote']

The Honda's sure hold their price; 5.49 l for a six year old is sure a high price. I think. It show's how the owners hold onto their Honda VTEC's thus jacking up the 2nd hand prices.

@ DD - Please read carefully. If you don't get it let me know. I will explain...