mndvishnu

Swift Diesel!!!!!! amatuer Review

After a Long wait of nearly 2 months my Pearl Metallic arctic white VDi. i say you this is a wonderful Small car for those who dont mind the boot space. now after a month and half  i hav clocked about 1600kms. the things i would like to share too all the readers are as folows.

It drives Like a Petrol car the Pick up is Wonderful and i too was shocked.

Space inside is Quite Decent and sits 5 without trouble.

Engine Noice is Quite good when compared to other diesel cars.

Gearbox is a delight.

and more intrestingly i got a very Nice Milage of 14-15 in city with 90%AC on and around 18-20 in the hgighway with 80%AC on.

The Cons are

Reversing is a bit pain as the boot glass is small but i put a reverse parking sensors which takes most of my trouble of reversing away.

The Power window switch of co driver side failed to work soon after the delivery of my vehicle but was promptyl replaced by the dealer within an hr.

NOTE:- As my friend works as sales exectuive in maruti dealer here he says that most of them Push the swift petrol and avoid customers from taking the diesel ones as thier incentives are very low and waiting period for swift diesel is Longer. they will give all types of nonsense reasons to avoid you from going to Swift Diesel . soo frankly i am teling you dont be puled of by the rumour of these people and incase you r decided for one thn be confident with the sales persons and book one. 

Hapy Motoring.

good review in the test drive i noticed its capabilities which is beter than its counterparts. My dealer also told me abt the same n i like the diesel but due to my low milage i m stuck in the same decision ,i like the joy ride n performance but the high maintainance cost bothers me so i opted for ZXi. your frnd is of which dealer as i want good satisfaction

Dear Princey the.Ride Quality is nice and decent and the AC is quite Powerful. and soo far noo modifications done. Only Vinyl flooring remote keyless entry and reverse parking sensors were the extra items put by mee. and thtz itt.

yea u r Exectly right but the Thing is in my City Mangalore the road are terrible and no one recommends Alloys as it get bent in Bad road i also go for vilage runs which is out of town where roads are evn bad. any way thanx for ur sugestion and i am hapy with the steel wheels. and anyobdy here like to chat wid mee plz ad my id in ur yahoo list    mndvishnu@yahoo.com. HApy motoring. 

Please do let us know the following-

Fuel used-RegularPremium etc

Servicing cost viz-a-viz Petrol Swift-Filters/Oil/Labour

Performance in hy traffic-clutch use/engine response

Any Rattles/broken parts

Fuel used is ordinary diesel from Indian Oil.

1st service was done at 1000kms. which costed altogether rs580. mostly the swift petrols 1st serive must come around rs550 i think.

performance in heavy trafic is quite nice and engine response is too good that cant be shared in mere words.

no rattles soo far but after a village trip there a little bit of some noice coming from the rear end.

Further any more doubts or queries u can also reply here or can mail me on mndvishnu@yahoo.com   . hapy motoring.

Hi Vishnu,

Congrats on your new car. I envy you. I wanted the Swift in the first place. My wife booted me so, I went in for a car with a boot. But even today I ogle at the Swift like a pimpled adolescent. And in the diesel avatar it is even more desirable. Take a long ride it will be even more rewarding and the fuel efficiency will really make you grin, from west coast to east coast. Enjoy.

smiley20.gifActually dude the 2nd service is 7500 kms and 3rd one at 15k kms , thats what the sales advisor said me anyways will confirm it later with the service advisor ,

i have already done nearly 4k kms!,

Also dont worry will post the pics of my car!

Cheers!