rssh

Skoda calls back P Fabia!

Petrol Fabia was always iffy after launch. I never even bothered to have a look at it, already ridiculously high priced, quality concerns, call backs, costly spares & above all Skoda is not known for petrol motors here, Octy. petrol had almost none sales, Laura does not even have one.

welll rshhh they needed some reason to call back petrol fabia and what better reason than blame it on indian fuel quality....d problem is actually due to the skoda india not modifying the engine according to the available fuel !!!

Actually Fabia petrol engines are not all that 'hitech', it's just a good ol' 2 valves per cylinder stuff, so what's gone wrong is coz of the company not doing it's home work, and so the client's suffer. I heard some one say he'll have 'less car per car' anyday...so now you got what you have asked for I think...

Ya acutally they didnt modified their engines as per indian conditions and then blamed fuel quality. Now they are calling all the petrol Fabia owners and Skoda says that its just 20-30 minutes work as they will upgrade the software which will solve the problem and also there will be some increase in power and Efficiency.

What is wrong with making a mistake and then rectifying it? The people who do not make mistakes are usally the people who dont do anything, or put it another way people who do work make mistakes sometimes! Nokia modifies software for its phones and people look on that as a positive, you people are ready to needlessly run down anything and I wonder if any of you have done anything constructive in your lives and not made mistakes?

roomy2008-08-11 06:10:38

What is wrong with making a mistake and then rectifying it? The people who do not make mistakes are usally the peole who dont do anything' date=' or put it another way people who do work make mistakes! Nokia modifies software for its phones and people look on that as a positive, you people are ready to needlessly run down anything and I wonder if any of you have done anything constructive in your lives and not made mistakes?

[/quote']

sure dude, sell us an overpriced car after delaying it for 3 years and then blame a condition that is a given in this market. skoda need customers like you. go buy one.

Skoda made mistake but thats not big deal..nowadays many manufacturers do that...many hates skoda here so this topic is existing else if Honda would there  nobody have bothered to blame that company...Even maruti recalled Zen in 2005 or something, Honda called so many Accords and Crv's for Fuel tank Problem, Nokia recalled for faulty batteries and not to forget Honda worldwide recalled hell number of Civics for Faulty brake lights and Tyre problem(i still remember we were planning to buy civic and this news came though this problem was not there in India but it was worldwide and was a major problem which could take lives of many people as the Tyre had a problem due to which it came out on high speeds)...I am not Supporting Skoda but just telling facts...Even Bajaj recalled XCD 125cc bike...

The point here is not about making mistakes. Everyone does mistakes and it's commendable when people realise it and then come out in the open to accept it and then rectify the mistake. It applied to Skoda as well.

But the point people are making is the "type" of mistake. Skoda is in India for more than 4 years now and it's more than enough for some one to know the conditions. The mistake they have done clearly shows that they are either plain dumb to have not learnt any thing from their experience here so far or they are just arrogant and do not acknowledge India specific requirements.
octane_1002008-08-11 06:31:17

Ya i agree with u that they should have modified their engines according to Indian fuel and not just blame the quality of fuel as they should know the Quality of fuel before commencing its operations in India or before launching the Fabia here...this actually shows that they are just interested in sales and are not willing to make the car india specific as it would be expensive ...but their petrol octy didnt had such problems so they should also have cared about Fabia...but some members here are like they want a Skoda thread otherwise they would not post in any other topic except skoda and again start those old fights about Overpricing of skoda irrespective of what is being discussed right now...this actually becomes boring sometime ...u can see there are maximum threads about skoda haters in this Forum..one should know that everytime u should not come to again old things which have already been discussed..Hope u r getting my point..

The point here is not about making mistakes. Everyone does mistakes and it's commendable when people realise it and then come out in the open to accept it and then rectify the mistake. It applied to Skoda as well.

But the point people are making is the "type" of mistake. Skoda is in India for more than 4 years now and it's more than enough for some one to know the conditions. The mistake they have done clearly shows that they are either plain dumb to have not learnt any thing from their experience here so far or they are just arrogant and do not acknowledge India specific requirements.

thank you octane_100 for saying what needed to be said. and we're all taking Skoda's PR rubbish as truth tho if it really is a fuel quality issue, would it take just 30 minutes to fix? I dunno, it seems that this is more cover up than anything else... does anyone have a Fabia that's been reworked by Skoda? can they share mileage and performance data pl?

.....  if it really is a fuel quality issue' date=' would it take just 30 minutes to fix?

[/quote']

Maybe Skoda should hire you as a consultant!

At least they have been honest enough to accept that there is a problem. If I remember sometime back there were some posts stating that the deliveries of the petrols had been suspended.

This goes to reinforce my view that only fools rush in to buy the new (as yet untested in the hands of the public) car.  The discreet wait for a few months for things to prove themselves in the field.smiley2.gif

but some members here are like they want a Skoda thread otherwise they would not post in any other topic except skoda and again start those old fights about Overpricing of skoda irrespective of what is being discussed right now...this actually becomes boring sometime ...u can see there are maximum threads about skoda haters in this Forum..one should know that everytime u should not come to again old things which have already been discussed..Hope u r getting my point..

Agree with you. No point in going back to the same points. Let's discuss only the "recall" and nothing else.

.....  if it really is a fuel quality issue' date=' would it take just 30 minutes to fix?
[/quote']

At least they have been honest enough to accept that there is a problem. If I remember sometime back there were some posts stating that the deliveries of the petrols had been suspended.

i agree with u completely that they made mistake but they have not been quiet and watching the problems but they have been honest and rectified it..

[/quote']

This goes to reinforce my view that only fools rush in to buy the new (as yet untested in the hands of the public) car.  The discreet wait for a few months for things to prove themselves in the field.smiley2.gif

so you'res saying, on the one hand, that "at least they have been honest enough to accept that there is a problem'', but on the other that this reinforces your view that "only fools rush in to buy the... untested" - so er is it OK that a global brand uses us as a testing ground? is that what you have come to expect from a car that costs around 7 lacs, and a company that's been around in India for over half a decade - teething problems?

you're right. skoda should hire me as a consultant. or hire anyone. even you could do a better job than them.

today, i got a mail from a Senior GM of the delaer here. i'm posting it below smiley2.gif

"Views expressed in the Times of India article dated 9, August, 2008 are incorrect, as we are NOT 'recalling' our cars but carrying out a technical upgradation when the customer's cars report to the dealerships for routine service. We would like to state that each and every component and technology in our cars has been approved by the concerned authorities in India. This is ONLY a software enhancement for better fuel efficiency and performance of the Fabia petrol and does NOT involve any change of components.

Your car is a new unit ( yet to be delivered) is free & the concern"

today' date=' i got a mail from a Senior GM of the delaer here. i'm posting it below smiley2.gif

"Views expressed in the Times of India article dated 9, August, 2008 are incorrect, as we are NOT 'recalling' our cars but carrying out a technical upgradation when the customer's cars report to the dealerships for routine service. We would like to state that each and every component and technology in our cars has been approved by the concerned authorities in India. This is ONLY a software enhancement for better fuel efficiency and performance of the Fabia petrol and does NOT involve any change of components.

Your car is a new unit ( yet to be delivered) is free & the concern"
[/quote']

smiley2.gif yup definitely sounds like a cover up to me

We would like to state that each and every component and technology in our cars has been approved by the concerned authorities in India.

ooh doesn't that just fill you with confidence - the same guys who allow fiats and ambassadors to remain road worthy along with auto-rickshaws

diablo379892008-08-11 08:42:57

i'm brimming with confidence..come on guys, who would take the dealers word into confidence?not mesmiley17.gif but i've taken a drive of a petrol vehicle which got delivered last week. it seems to be more smooth than the petrol vechile in which i took the TD in june. (the TD vehicle arrived with the delaer on the morning i took the TD). so there must be some changes made..