rssh

Skoda calls back P Fabia!

skoda a budget brand internationally? That was shed years ago shows how little you know though.

thank you barry for seeking clarification. and for proving my point that most skoda loyalists are uninformed. smiley36.gif

You are so deluded that you cant figure out what the articles actually say

barry - this is a direct quote from the first link about Skoda (italics for emphasis):

But would you want to buy a big saloon from a

Total good car experience encompasses :a contemporary product, friendly sales network, product without any glitches & niggles, excellent after sales service, plus  many other factors. A product that falters in basics, is deemed to fail.

diabolic you obviously cant read between the lines to figure out what is said in those 2 articles is what I think Barry is trying to tell you. Speed why dont we wait and see how it does in the market making your prediction does not mean that it will come true. And having read a previous post of yours it seems to me that you would love to own a Skoda but do not want to spend your hard earned money on it. Maybe you want it to fail so badly that they will come and offer you one for half the price.

One doesnt really need to read between the lines, things are blatantly clear, Fabia petrol is is no good a product.

Well its my view regarding Fabia petrol failing , maybe it turns otherwise, we all would see in future.

I may own a Skoda or any other car, which I feel is well worth the money & a good product, do you have a problem with that ! & yes I was making a point for unsuspecting buyers, to make them aware of Fabias shortcomings, I would still not buy a Fabia petrol , even if it was to cost half.

diabolic you obviously cant read between the lines to figure out what is said in those 2 articles is what I think Barry is trying to tell you. Speed why dont we wait and see how it does in the market making your prediction does not mean that it will come true. And having read a previous post of yours it seems to me that you would love to own a Skoda but do not want to spend your hard earned money on it. Maybe you want it to fail so badly that they will come and offer you one for half the price.

ahh roomy! always a delight to see you on the forum!

why don't you do us all a service and explain your interpretation of what those articles meant? I am sure that will be most entertaining smiley1.gif

also, it's diablo old chap, not diabolic. maybe you've been reading between the lines too hard and got a bit cross eyed mmm?

while you are of course free to express your views, no matter how biased or vitriolic, I don't believe the forum gives you licence to judge other members' financial positions. from your post, at least you say speed wants it for half the price. the way you're singing praise outside Skoda dealerships, it would seem that you want one for free smiley36.gif

hey roomy! just found a post from you ont he 27th May where you found an article calling the Skoda a budget car! so maybe we don't need to read between the lines after all - we just need to read the posts!!

roomy
Intermediate License
2_star_rating.gif

City : Bombay
Online Status: Offline

quote_icon.gif reply.gifbullet.gif Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:58pm

Managed to cut and paste this

Read in this weeks Auto Express that Skoda are to start remaking the Mk1 Octavia as a budget car, with prices under ?10,000.

Taken from Auto Express

It

well skoda should not be criticized for recalling fabia rather it should be given a pat on the back....let the fabia start getting manufactured in india and then u will see how it sells (might give swift a run for its money) !!!

True diablo, roomy is in no position to be passing comments about other members, further his posts are not adding quality to the forum, rather he is just being plain abusive.

well skoda should not be criticized for recalling fabia rather it should be given a pat on the back....let the fabia start getting manufactured in india and then u will see how it sells (might give swift a run for its money) !!!

amen mehul I hope you're right. I happen to like Skodas. if they launch the Fabia with the 1.9TDi (now in the Laura) - which they are rumoured to do - I'd be very glad to become a customer - provided it comes at a fair price (ie not double what it costs elsewhere)

True diablo' date=' roomy is in no position to be passing comments about other members, further his posts are not adding quality to the forum, rather he is just being plain abusive. [/quote']

well, he does bring some entertainment to us all... smiley2.gif

I totally agree with you diablo, 1.9TDi, at reasonable costs could be a part of my wishlist too.

Yup, entertainment is good, but not at someones cost.

speed2008-08-14 08:59:04

Well skoda should equip this car with powerful engine but again this thread is going somewhere else...this thread is about recalling the Petrol fabia and please dont go again with that overpricing policy of Skoda....and i will not consider this recall a big issue coz many company have done it so if we are not blaming them then why to blame Skoda...

.and i will not consider this recall a big issue coz many company have done it so if we are not blaming them then why to blame Skoda...

Plainly because of the reasons given for the recall!! Nothing more nothing less.

I totally agree with you diablo' date=' 1.9TDi, at reasonable costs could be a part of my wishlist too.

Yup, entertainment is good, but not at someones cost.

[/quote']

Now a Fabia with a 1.9 PD would push it into Fiat 500 territorysmiley36.gif, Skoda and reasonable costs are two contradictory words, aren't they.

Firstly regarding the change - I'm glad Skoda made the move albeit a little late. Secondly, a healthy debate and constructive criticism should be welcomed. I request members to avoid exaggerations. I give Skoda (or any other manufacturer)

credit where it is due and criticise it when I feel I don't like

something.

Today, car manufacturers are reading the contents of different forums quite keenly. The reason being that Indians are a lot better informed today - thanks partly to these automobile forums. A healthy debate will lead to change. You get better products only if you demand it. And the product does not have to be bad to make it better.

Back to the topic now - anyone got a chance to drive a Petrol Fabia before and after the change?

hey durango that would be a dream come true but i am telling you that let fabia start getting produced in india and i think its price should see a fall of about 1 lacs....if fabia diesel is just priced a bit higher to swift diesel i would prefer the fabia cause its a really long hatchback(3992 mm) !!!

hey bluesapphire,

I appreciate your point of view but it totally sucks when i happens to you.

Here's my story:

I recently bought a Fabia 1.4 MPL about 10 days back (23rd August 2008) I am aware of the callback that happened a couple of months back, I

had already booked my car by then I called the dealership and they told

me that my car would be part of the new lot which has this fuel issue

pre-fixed.

When I picked up my car, (Autobahn, Prabhadevi Mumbai) the reps at the

dealership explicitly instructed me to use regular unleaded petrol

(which is at about Octane 87). After having fueling my car

it started giving trouble in the next 2 days. The performance was hit

big time, the pick up was really sluggish and the engine started

knocking like crazy. Moreover, the brakes became hard at times. I sent

the car back to the dealership and after week of investigation and

back-n-forth, they rectified the problem and sent it back after

flushing out the tank and using 93 octane fuel. They also changed some

Oil Injection part. They have reported that the problem was due to low

octane level in the fuel and I should use petrol

with Octane level 93+.  I mean no one has this

fuel in India man.. The only option is speed 91 which is close and

easily available

Since when have you started getting 87RON in a Euro III city which I presume is what Mumbai is.  Check your facts before whining. All Euro III cities have 91RON as regular. Go to the IOC site if you do not believe me. I am sick of posting the same information over and over. 

sgiitk2008-09-04 08:32:09

well i have one question that when octavia petrol doesnt have any problems with the standard indian fuel than why is fabia having such kind of problems ?????/ well really i can feel what suneet must be feeling and might be feeling that he has wasted a big sum of money !!! fabia's engine is nothing but useless !!

hey bluesapphire,

I appreciate your point of view but it totally sucks when i happens to you.

Here's my story:

I recently bought a Fabia 1.4 MPL about 10 days back (23rd August 2008) I am aware of the callback that happened a couple of months back, I

had already booked my car by then I called the dealership and they told

me that my car would be part of the new lot which has this fuel issue

pre-fixed.

When I picked up my car, (Autobahn, Prabhadevi Mumbai) the reps at the

dealership explicitly instructed me to use regular unleaded petrol

(which is at about Octane 87). After having fueling my car

it started giving trouble in the next 2 days. The performance was hit

big time, the pick up was really sluggish and the engine started

knocking like crazy. Moreover, the brakes became hard at times. I sent

the car back to the dealership and after week of investigation and

back-n-forth, they rectified the problem and sent it back after

flushing out the tank and using 93 octane fuel. They also changed some

Oil Injection part. They have reported that the problem was due to low

octane level in the fuel and I should use petrol

with Octane level 93+.  I mean no one has this

fuel in India man.. The only option is speed 91 which is close and

easily availablea

Skoda shoudl take it easy and prepare the car again. They r losing the reliabilty repu they have created and if they carry on like this, its not long before they have to bod BYE to us. Skoda is meant for reliability. I have seen a cab in Greece Skoda Octavia ran 800000 Kms and no engine repair, Why cant they bring cars that run atleast 300000 Kms withput a fuss.