Hello ,

I just want u people to help me out  with HID

I want them for my palio's . Lighting was never gud on a palio , so thinking to swtich to HID .  Wat kelvins is gud ?  And  what is the  size of blub used in palio as it has  2 diff bulbs for hi/lo beams .

thnax

HID conversion kits cost around 8 to 10,000. There are Philips, Bosch and then a host of Chinese brands. I would not recommend you do this though unless you know somebody professional who has done this and I do not mean the car accessories stores. Instead get better head lamps.

The Palio uses H1 for low beam and H7 for high beam.

If you change the full light assembly then do so by all means.Just putting in the lamps (with associated electronics) is not advisable. There was an extensive discussion on this in the early days of the forum.

hid conversion kits has ballasts .

Precisely.

u mean dat ? What language is this. certainly not the Queen's or American English!

The point is that the modern headlamps (esp. clear lens type) are designed with a specific source shape. If you put in a different kind of bulb (HID) into this reflector you are almost certain to get both 'hot spots' and 'dark spots' in the beam.

Dont buy philips , my friend yesterday bought 6000k H4 for his lancer , light wasn't brighter and even colour was not good . then we shifted to Glitz 8000k and it was 55W , not the 35W one and its light was very nice and glitz costed  around 8250 and philips costed around 8500 and both are with 1 year warranty.

Changing the bulbs alone with the circuit may make the reflectors/clear lens to fade, and your headlight assembly may not last long. I agree with sgiitk that the whole headlight assembly if available can be changed. I have seen a lot of Fiesta's in Chennai with a light with a bluish white tinge; it looks cheap. I also have seen a Honda Civic with a new headlight assembly with LED's that looks sexy. Now you guys know why I go to the Elliot's beach every night, to oggle at the sexy rides that line up there and see all the accessories, they come with.Durango Dude2008-08-20 14:28:19

Changing the bulbs alone with the circuit may make the reflectors/clear lens to fade' date=' and your headlight assembly may not last long. I agree with sgiitk that the whole headlight assembly if available can be changed. I have seen a lot of Fiesta's in Chennai with a light with a bluish white tinge; it looks cheap. I also have seen a Honda Civic with a new headlight assembly with LED's that looks sexy. Now you guys know why I go to the Elliot's beach every night, to oggle at the sexy rides that line up there and see all the accessories, they come with.[/quote']

Those are after market upgrades which are available for CIVIC but they are not for palio's . thats the sad part so i have to stick to the stock headlamps .

And those Bluish white lights are bulbs , not the HID's . though 8000k looks like White with tinge of blue in it .

HID's Should produce pure white light. No tinge of blue as you mentioned above. As i have mentioned in other threads' date=' i have HID's in my 1964 Fiat 1100 SS. [/quote']

kelvin does  makes a difference . the more the kelvin , lesser the visibility .

6000k is pure white .

Lord Kelvin died ages ago so he cannot make a difference!smiley4.gif. Basically what you are talking about is the colour temperature - or more precisely the temperature of a  black body which gives the same or similar spectrum. 5600-6000K will approximate to daylight.

The colour temperature number has to be taken with a pinch of salt - for example fluorescent lamps have a band and not a continuous spectrum. So the colour temperature stated is !?!?. A Xenon dsicharge lamp (which is what an HID is) approximates daylight almost exactly.

Does HID lamps improve visibility?
Plz help me...
Of course!!!

firstly,HID stands for High Intensity Discharge!..HID Xenons improve visibility very much!n they are far more better than Halogens!..they add day in dark!smiley1.gif

Can anybody guide me that is it practically possiable to fix HID lamp in Spark without much modification? As because it is having one headlight assembly & if HID need to replace the original bulbs then high beam will not be available. And if it is (HID) is fixid in place of fog lamp position it will be too low.  I am bit confused pl suggest.

Spark without much modification? And if it is (HID) is fixid in place of fog lamp position it will be too low.  I am bit confused pl suggest.

Go for the HID with R specifications, as there are 2 types of HIDs.

One is for Projector and other for Reflector®, since you are going to change your assembly for Projectors, make sure you buy HID-R only.

HIDs are advisable in Cars that have 2 headlights each side(palio, Fiesta,,,etc), so that you can exchange low beam bulb with HIDs as Indian Law says, HIDs can be used for Low Beams only.

So, you can go against the law or fix it in Fog Lamp. It will look good

Thank you for your suggestion. Pl clarify few more things. If I put it in Fog lamp, will it really improve road vissiability compare to factory fitted fog lamp or it will be a cosmetic change which is having only asthectic value rather than practical one?  Next if it improves visibility then pl suggest me which brand and what spec(wattage,col. temp etc) I should go for without creating much pressure on the car original electrical system.

I am planning to go for Bi-Xenons for my i10. H4 Type.

I am told that you don't need any Fog Lamps after that

I was advised the foll:

Highway Driving: 4300 K (OEM yellow light)

35W is good and 55 W will give 20% more light.

For more City Driving: 6000K (White Light) also has 35W and 55W.

35W- 10,000 with fitting in Mumbai and 1 Yr warranty (Delhi price is 8,500)

55W 13,500 with fitting in Mumbai and 1 Yr warranty

I am keen for a 4300K as I prefer the yellow tinge light and need the longer throw that this has over the 6000K. Bu tI need a 55W light..

PLEASE ADVISE

Can Optra Magnum Be refitted with Xenon lighting system. What will be the cost of the replacement cost? Is after market replacement Legal?smiley1.gif who are the reliable suppliers

Yes you can fit Xenons, but I'm not sure about the legalities. As far as I know, I don't think it is legal. I don't think there is a law specific to Xenons. Philips is a good brand. There are also several brands from South East Asia. Would recommend you stick to known brands.

Thread Moved.

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-28 16:25:38