FuelRunGod

Fuel Economy Figures

What are your FE figures for your cars?

Hyundai Accent CRDi - 12kmpl (City), 17kmpl (Highway)

Tata Indica V2 Petrol - 9kmpl (City), 15kmpl (Highway)

Tata Safari Dicor 3.0 - 9kmpl (City), 13kmpl (Highway)

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-09-22 10:43:53

Hyundai Santro (Auto) - 9.8kpl in town with AC

Hyundai Accent 1.5 - 10.1 kpl in town with AC, 10.5kpl without AC, Highway ~12-14 kpl depending on the season and speed.

isnt this accent giving less mileage than usual in the city?

Yes' date='

May I add, it had 205/50R15 tyres along with the Petes box and a freeflow? smiley2.gif

As stock I used to get 14kmpl in city conditions.

FRG
[/quote']

okay! so its like 12kmpl with performace..!!smiley32.gif doesnt a diesel car sound like a truck after adding a free flow..its it from the headers??

No not really, the exhaust note had more bass to it. Sounded pretty good on load. But nothing compared to a petrol with a free flow.

No the headers werent touched. Not many have the expertise to handle headers and I wasnt going to let someone experiment on my car.

FRG

Swift gives 14.5kpl in city and 18kpl on highway .

Fiesta gives 13.5 in city and 17.5 kpl on highway.

Good. Let add that in practice these variations are negligible. Your driving style, and driving conditions can easily alter the figures, as can the car to car differences.

I recall about 15 years ago Autocar UK did a test with identical cars, running in a convoy (drivers and position in convoy were rotated to further equalize the driving conditions). The fuel consumption figures showed a band of about 10%, i.e. consumption can vary by as much as 10% from unit to unit of the same car! These were possibly carb engines, and things should be a bit better with MPFI but we should totally ignore variations of 5% or so.

I sometimes wonder why we are so serious about the mileage figures. It is funny to see people who need a private oil well to pay for their cars talking of fuel consumption figures.

Fuel mileage is but one aspect of the total cost of ownership. Maintenance, depreciation, (and now) insurance also pay a very major role in this.

if you consider all these points like Cost of ownership maintenence , deprecation and insurance value .  the Swift diesel is the best. boy its Rocks!!. 75 BHP compared to 68 BHp of Fiesta's diesel.