FuelRunGod

Fuel Economy Figures

My Hyundai i10 1.1 lit done 6000 km and i am getting 19.5 km w/o AC in our city where average speed is around 45 km, and 16 km with A/c . I am driving at around 45 km average speed and mostly 4 th and 5th gear. Traffic congestion is not much except duty time when car moves at 30 km speed and in 3rd gear. I am yet to test on highway . But i am surprised to know that you get good FE when driving on highway at high speed which is contrary to the theory that the higher is the speed the more wind resistance and you get low figure. most probably you do not apply break and change gear after reaching cruise speed that is why you get good milage. most of the FE is lost by breaking and frequent gear change. If any one want i can mail article on How to get good average from your Car.

Fuel Economy Figures of all cars in our family:(WITH 100% A/C ON)

NAME OF THE CARS                       CITY(KM/PL)         HIGHWAY(KM/PL)

2004 HONDA CITY GXi                       15.5                                 18     

2008 MARUTI SWIFT DZIRE ZDi         18                                   22     

2007 HYUNDAI VERNA CRDi              16                                   20.5

2008 MARUTI SX4 VXi                         12                                  15

2006 MAHINDRA SCORPIO                 10.5                                13.5

(TYPE-2) SLX CRDe

2009 FORD IKON TDCi                         14.9                                22.5

2008 MARUTI ALTO LXi                        18                                   22.5

(CELEBRATION EDITION)

2003 MARUTI ESTEEM LXi                     13                                   16.5

(VELOCITY EDITION)

2000 MARUTI ZEN VX                             15                                    17.2

2006 CHEVY AVEO LS                             12.4                                14.5

2005 MARUTI 800 AC                             17                                    20.5 

2004 HYUNDAI SANTRO XING XS            15                                   18.5

smiley2.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley9.gifsmiley4.gif WE DONT HAVE CHAUFFEURS FOR OUR CARS AS EVERYONE KNOWS DRIVING.. KOLKATA'S ONLY OWNER'S DRIVEN FAMILY.smiley17.gifsmiley1.gif
swiftvxi062009-05-18 05:32:07