Durango Dude

Come September and The New Corolla cometh...

Yeah the new Corolla will be launched by the 5th of Spetember. The ads are out in the paper's. Hope FRG does a 'mini test' as usual and give us news 'hot from the oven'.

Yeah... and it will be called the Altis

Toyota has never named corolla as Altis/Corolla altis in india...but i think this time toyota is going Indian way by not phasing out existing corolla and will come up with new corolla i.e Altis....i also saw an ad in TOI today

i dont think that they will do change in engines coz it will be a costly affair but ya they will strip down the model to compete with Hcity coz also new City will be expensive....lets say now cheapest Corolla which 1.8HE with no features and looks bad without alloys but they can bring down their middle range model with airbags,Abs,alloys at the price of HE...means cheapest corolla can with many features which can be best deal and competitive and also a threat to City and Sx4..

The present Gen. Corolla also sells as ALTIS in other markets.

True, diesel Corolla has the potential to be segment leader, affecting sales of - Civic, Laura, Octy, etc.

i am just waiting now for 5th september.....lets see what all features are offered in the corolla altis and the pricing as well as what all engines toyota is gonna launch....honda be careful cause the altis looks really good and classy !!!!