Durango Dude

Come September and The New Corolla cometh...

haha

nice way to show it to us

u did a realli good job i have to say but interiors are unclear

anyways i have seen it before here in bkk

am just wondering why so late in india when it was launched some time back here and i thought india and thailand have same time launches??

I had ample time to shoot, but there were 2 iterations- there was a friend along who was in a hurry to go somewhere for work (he can be seen in pics. also-turbaned) & I was carrying my usual mobile & not one with good camera. But , no problems , I can anytime go & take as many pics. again.

20080822_083622_d.jpg

20080822_083913_c.jpg

20080822_083959_wd.jpg

20080822_084043_mail.google.com.jpg

20080822_084118_mail.google.com.jpg

20080822_084155_mail.google.com.jpg

Looks like a mini Camry from front. The sides and the rear are almost the same as the old car. Are there any engine and suspension tweaks? Interiors can't be commented upon, as theres a lot of reflection from the closed window glass.

@DD, yes it looks like a mini Camry from various angles & Sides & Rear resemble old car.

Yes, Engine is the same with minor increase in power & though I did not get a chance to test drive , but Ive heard that suspension is whole lot more complaint.

Interiors were looking good , but after the Civics, lot  left desired.

i think altis being launched only in petrol...bad bcoz i really wanted to change my present corolla if it would have a diesel engine...anywaysz tym for civic vs corolla action...lets see hows it received in india...am waiting keenly till sep 5 as if my bday is coming !!!!

Yes the cars which I snapped were all petrol, even I thought of swapping my Corolla with new one(diesel), but there was always a talk that diesel might come later, so I never sold mine. Regarding Civic vs Corolla, from what I saw, Civic wins hands down but only if there was a Diesel!

though am a corolla owner but still i will prefer corolla over the civic cause of the fact that corolla' s ground clearance is really good...my car's underbelly has never got scrapped and its very simple to get in and out of the car compared to the civic though the interiors of civic is a class apart but my pick would be the corolla !!!!

So true, even my COROLLA has never scrapped anything underneath todate & I have taken the car over a lot of undulating surfaces as I frequently go to construction sites & I have also done some sort of offroading with it. I also feel getting in & out is easy in Corolla. But if now I had to pick one out of Civic & Corolla, it would be Civic for the shear driving pleasure. But theres a catch, neither of the two are on my wishlist for not having a diesel.

Great work Speed...i agree with DD that its almost same from side and rear..usually newer gen models are completely different but that not same with this...

i dont think that it will be unvieled tomorrow coz Toyota declared 5th Sept date so will not preponed it..

And i would prefer Civic anyday over corolla

civic would beat the corolla very convincingly

actually, civic had already beaten the new corolla here.

the steering is like a camry's but no audio controls or that could come in the future...

but center console is very bland

i want to emphasize on the center console of the new corolla

it is very bland i don't think you guys have seen it have you??

other things are better than the previous one but still can't match civic in terms of quality