Durango Dude

Come September and The New Corolla cometh...

This Corolla does look promising ! Only if interiors were more spruced up and rear taillamps had looked better. I would still prefer the Civic. But Corolla will fill in the gap between Civic E and Civic V . So it will take a pie of Civic s sales. 

Now everybody can check out the car, I think its on display in Showrooms.

There are a number of reasons for my disappointment with Corolla :

Average looks- uncles car !

Poor ride quality, noisy suspention,

Ergonomics not brilliant,

Flimsy build quality,

Unexciting drive,

And above all "Petrol",

Low quality punny tyres,

Lack of essential safety kit- ABS,

lack of refinement, noisy engine,

ICE- not MP3.

Now everybody can check out the car' date=' I think its on display in Showrooms.
There are a number of reasons for my disappointment with Corolla :
Average looks- uncles car !
Poor ride quality, noisy suspention,
Ergonomics not brilliant,
Flimsy build quality,
Unexciting drive,
And above all "Petrol",
Low quality punny tyres,
Lack of essential safety kit- ABS,
lack of refinement, noisy engine,
ICE- not MP3.
[/quote']

Are you talking about your old corolla here?

I feel that the Auto Magazines are also encouraging the re-badging, and continuation of the old model. Case in Point - i10 (which is essentially the new Santro) being touted as a new car (as against a new model) by the press.

They should be going with hammers and tongs at this habit instead.

Ok..but many are happy with there Corolla and thus it has been sold like anything...

No speed in my city its not there for demo and i think they will not do this before 5th sept..

I think u should have gone to that Invitation..

well speed u might be dis-satisfied with ur corolla but am really happy with my corolla and after altis gets lauched i will prefer it over the civic !!! the only good thing about civic are its interiors....civic is just about looks and nothing else...u see the boot space which is more than the civic and the ground clearance which is almost like a suv though the quality of paint could have been better...i just love the 6 cd changer frm toyota with a cassete player the sound quality is awesome !!!

Mehul , great that you are happy with your car, but I am one bigtime dissatisfied Toyota customer. If I have a choice now, I would pick the Civic over Corolla blindly.

you should you know

they compared both cars against each other and civic beat altis very convincingly

though the altis gave better fight than the previous model it couldn't meet civic standards

If u compare current corolla with civic ..corolla stands no where near civic ..i dont know about altis but thats also not that modern as civic...mehul only Gc with civic is poor but engine,power,performance,looks,comfort,interiors,features,ride quality are all much better than corolla ..only Gc n boot space cant save corolla ..u cant buy only seeing that ..except those civic is superior in every terms so thats better overall car ..u accept it or not but its reality... bluesapphire2008-08-28 06:56:29

N for me Gc is a problem but not that big coz i already drive old City n m habituate ..but let me tell my car has touched d bumps n potholes many times but till 2day my car is not affected with that ...n with low Gc d comfort n fun to drive factor increases ...it is a problem but not that big that u have to reject a car for that purpose...some r really making Gc a big issue but its not that a problem..it gives u driving pleasure n comfort n stability atleast ..for 1 problem u r getting 3 benefits..wats wrong in dat..

Yes I agree with you, low GC makes the ride & handling better, egs. are- Octavia & Civic. I too had a couple of City's & low GC, really did'nt matter much. I'll go for driving pleasure & good ride rather than high GC.

I feel that the Auto Magazines are also encouraging the re-badging' date=' and continuation of the old model. Case in Point - i10 (which is essentially the new Santro) being touted as a new car (as against a new model) by the press.

They should be going with hammers and tongs at this habit instead.
[/quote']

The i series is totally independent; in the international market the Atos prime(Santro) and i10 co-exist, so does the Elantra and i30 and i30 CW. Even I was under that impression, sgiitk, till I visited the Hyundai motor site.

@ speed and Blue Saphire: GC is not a matter to be 'pooh-pooh' ed, in the Indian context it is all encompassing. @ archit: True, the Civic rocks till it encounters a rock strewn road and then it will truly rock, literally.

Mods Note: Posts Merged. Please Do not Multi post.
CYRUS432008-08-28 18:35:32