bluesapphire

Honda Civic Sport-Launched

Hi guys...Honda after discontinuing its S variant and introduced E variant which is cheaper than S..Today it has launched its Sport Variant-Limited Edition as Honda crossed 3 lacs unit sold in india. This Sport variant has Blue Ambient Light, Sport side sticker and rear Sport Badge, Rear Trunk Spoiler, Underbody Spoiler(rear,side and front), White alloy wheels and other features standard as V variant.

Hi guys...Honda after discontinuing its S variant and introduced E variant which is cheaper than S..Today it has launched its Sport Variant-Limited Edition as Honda crossed 3 lacs unit sold in india. This Sport variant has Blue Ambient Light' date=' Sport side sticker and rear Sport Badge, Rear Trunk Spoiler, Underbody Spoiler(rear,side and front), White alloy wheels and other features standard as V variant. [/quote']

yeah. and they have the audacity to charge us more for this junk and name it a 'Sport' variant. what's the blue ambient light going to do? make it go faster? FYI autocar (I think) reported on seeing the real 'Sport' variant in Bangkok - a 150bhp 2.0 engine. I think it's time Honda et al stopped treating us like morons.

ya its just some accesories here or there no engine change...but Civic sport in bangkok only gives 150 Bhp i think it gave more..r u talking about Type R or something like that...coz this 1.8 civic produces 132 Bhp so there is not much difference between 132 & 150.....

And white alloys will look good and they are of different design too..

Honda Civic is a great car in every sense. it carries elegance, style with out compromising on power and performance.And the limited edition of Civic is great too with a sporty look.  There is no change in engine but is enhanced with additional features and comfort.Honda also rolled out the first hybrid car (http://www.carazoo.com/autonews/2006200802)  in india through its models Civic.

ya its just some accesories here or there no engine change...but Civic sport in bangkok only gives 150 Bhp i think it gave more..r u talking about Type R or something like that...coz this 1.8 civic produces 132 Bhp so there is not much difference between 132 & 150.....

And white alloys will look good and they are of different design too..

not the typeR. that has a lot more tweaks and puts out over 200BHP. Honda apparently has a 2litre 150BHP Sports variant. so they just get the spoilers and wheels off of it and dump it in India with a fancy badge but no true performance benefits. a shame. and an even bigger shame that Indians buy it.

The imminent Corolla launch  has instigated Honda to do things with Civic to sell as many units.

There was an advertisement in newspapers today regarding COROLL ALTIS launch on 5th. SEPT.

Ambient light sensors could be for insides !

see all products available in india are like that only so this doesnt mean that nobody will buy them..some richie rich can import cars but thats only say 5-8% of people..what about rest buddy...if this is the thing nobody should buy any car except some which are available same abroad but those are very few cars...

It is a joke and a scam !! I have lost some respect for Honda.

I must agree with sgiitk. but then again, this is something I've been ranting about for the longest time - irrespective of the technological ability of the manufacturer, they all treat us like morons.

so, coming to bluesapphire's observation" if this is the thing nobody should buy any car except some which are available same abroad but those are very few cars...'' - yes, dear friend, I am afraid so - maybe we should stop buying this stripped down junk and force manufacturers to give us the quality they give the rest of the world at lower prices...

the civic sports is the civic type r for india and well the car looks really sporty and since only 1000 units are going to be sold therefore its gonna be a valuable car as it turned out with old hc with vtec engine !!!!

Sure a knee jerk reaction to the Altis launch. Next what will they give for the car 'diapers', that's what an underbody spoiler is. Sure looks good but looks like the skirts will scrape the tarmac and all speed breaker's for sure.Durango Dude2008-08-11 17:49:38

this new civic looks good with side skirts.but it already has a very big Ground Clearance problem!!..n dont know what willl happen to it know on speed breakers.n potholes!!!

True, I once committed mistake of fixing skirts on older City, it would kiss almost every bump & pothole , much to my dissapointment. Wonder how CIVIC would fare with its lower than earlier City GC.

the only thing i didnt liked is rear spoilers coz nowadays the car looks better without spoiler especially sporty model like civic...spoiler in sedans was a trend sometime back but nowadays it doesnt suits most of the cars available....rest this Civic looks cool especially with white alloys...

Here we go again. Car manufacturers giving us crap and taking us

gullible Indians for a ride. A sport variant with not an iota of

increase in engine performance. Ridiculous! And I thought they were

launching the type R.