bluesapphire

Suzuki Lanza

I think there is a market for good sporty >250cc bikes in India, since there are many guyz who use cars for commutation and feel irritated by the huge traffic pile up @ every nook and corner. They would like to buy a heavy bike which will not be unstable or does not have much vibrations! I personally want to buy a >250cc bike only to get to office quick, may not be regular though! would like to take it out on a sunny day!! I even took a test ride for the new RE Twinspark..As for Hyosung GT250, i did not like the seating position of it and i was also worried about the service which is available..

I think there is a market for good sporty >250cc bikes in India, since there are many guyz who use cars for commutation and feel irritated by the huge traffic pile up @ every nook and corner. They would like to buy a heavy bike which will not be unstable or does not have much vibrations! I personally want to buy a >250cc bike only to get to office quick, may not be regular though! would like to take it out on a sunny day!! I even took a test ride for the new RE Twinspark..As for Hyosung GT250, i did not like the seating position of it and i was also worried about the service which is available..

I hope as bs said, i have to wait!

Suzuki has launched new Lanza. It is called as GS150R. 13.8bhp, 13.4nm of torque, 6 speed, digital speedo,. It looks like a facelifted Pulsar from the front.

Go to these links for more info. and pics.

http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/suzuki-launches-gs150r/'>http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/suzuki-launches-gs150r/

and

http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/

Inspired by the success and the rate at which Yamaha is boosting up in India, Suzuki had launched the much awaited Suzuki GS150R.

The Suzuki GS150R is a 150cc bike that develops an output of 13.8bhp @ 8500rpm and torque of 13.4Nm @ 6000rpm and is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.

img1.jpg

suzuki-_gs150-r_1.jpg

suzuki-_gs150-r_2.jpg

suzuki-_gs150-r_4.jpg

suzuki-_gs150-r_3.jpg

img1.jpg

img5.jpg

img7.jpg

Specifications: Suzuki GS150R

Engine: Air, cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC

Bore x Stroke (mm): 57.0x58.6

Displacement: 149.5cc

Max Power: 14PS@8500rpm

Max Torque: 13.4Nm@6000rpm

Compression ratio: 9.35:1

Carburetor: BS26 with TPS

Ignition: CDI

Starting: Electric/Kick

Transmission: 6-Speed

Suspension: Front

smiley5.gif guys what to do ...help me out.... I was to book FZ-16 on sunday . Now this bike with almost same specs is launched.

Really confused.

FZ-16 looks cool but tail lamp and instrumentation of suzuki is better.Also I think Suzuki will offer better efficiency as it is having 6 gears. But i think its better to go with FZ-16,it will be a stand out bike in crowd...but GS-150 will not draw much glances.What do u say....

well after yamaha now suzuki finally thought to bring some good and appealing bike for india. lanza looks cool with front seems like pulsars and cool tail lapt with digi console. when are they launching this bike any news...

well like yamaha this one also somewhat looks like its bigger bro..

But i didnt liked the side part as it still looks like Zeus and front is like pulsar but rear is good and instrument cluster is cool...With right pricing, marketing and A.S.S this bike can do well  ..

And its name is Gs150r rather than Lanza
bluesapphire2008-10-24 06:32:25

well i read somewhere that this bike has 2 modes i.e Economy and power and thus selecting any one changes its behaviour..and this digi instrument also shows which gear is selected..looks like promising vehicle from Suzuki 

Well ..  In Telagu "lanza" means son of witch ...

it really hard to sell this bike in Andhra smiley36.gif

Dude! thats "lanja". (Lanza) is pronounced differently.

still this one sounds like a bad word here.....

Name - Good, for a strong global brand its always better to have a Alpha numerical Sub brand

Design - Decent, At the first look it seems to be a copy of the Pulsar & CBZ. but its a clear scale-down of the GSX1000R 2009. That is the head light, tail, and the instrument cluster. But only a few know that and everyone else will simple Quote it as a copy.

6 speed gear box a good one

If marketed well may sell 4.5k to 6k per month, initially. That means upto 5k sales loss for the Pulsar.

Deepak DS

Suzuki two wheeler India has launched their contender for the 150cc market today in New Delhi. Earlier known as the Lanza, the bike is christened GS150R in a true Suzuki fashion. Being the last mover in the 150cc competition, the bike will have to face serious competition from the reining king Bajaj