archit

new car within 4-4.5 lakhs

@Archit, for information you need to go through the announcement section of the forum.

Oh, Vibhor has already cleared.

Also archit, avoid small sentences & one liners as they do not add much information.

speed2008-08-16 16:25:54

.punto is also goin to launch soon........but again i think it will be out of your budget......but if u can a little more stretch your budget i will strongly recommend Hyundai i10!

i10 is not going to see much competition in near future, its only going to be  next year when Maruti comes out with Splash. So , for now its i10 , if your budget permits.

Go in for any Epison or Kappa, but Kappa is newer & better.

speed2008-08-16 16:30:16

Go for i10 if you like the looks........ beleive me its a great car and kappa wud be excellent ......

but go for magna...... <without ABS> for youe budget........

You can think of swift but for that yu need wider roads....... and for your budgets the bare minimum LXi would come........ but plastics are bad........ poor interiors

santro- perfect fit for your bdgt and good mileage but old model........

spark- i never liked matiz and i would never like this round eyed candy........

If he wants driving pleasure and performance one then

Fiesta

SX4 in that order

For all round sx4

fiesta

Well he can get Cedia select at 8.5lakhs and its a good car.

If it's driving pleasure that your uncle's looking for then it has to be either the Fiesta 1.6 (SXI if he needs a plush interiors or S if he needs a more sporty model) or the Cedia. Cedia is based on the Lancer platform and is hugely reliable. Only problems you will face (with both Fiesta and Cedia) is in terms of "not so friendly" dealers.

avoid that one skoda maintaince would burn a hole in your pocket!!its really expensive+i think its hard to find a sencond hand rs......it has been discontinued also so avoid it....i think sx4 suites you here or wait for the new city

well a great maintaince plan comes in chevy cars!you would know about it its quite good you have to purchase it for like 19,000rs............so you could go for the optra magnum if you are willing to stretch your budget........the diesel its a hoot to drive...very comfortable and luxurios....and as u are concerned about maintaince chevy is the answer!