archit

new car within 4-4.5 lakhs

If your buying urgently go for the Santro and you can't go wrong. If you can wait then wait till the end of the year when the A-Star and Splash are going to be launched. This year end is going to be a bonanza. Most of us will change our preferences then, for sure, with a host of new launches.

i dont think any car can withstand no maintaince for that long...its just that with chevy you need not pay money for three years for you maintaince and spare parts{see the website for exact time period}..so you just need to keep maintaince at the back of your head when you buy a chevy!

Archit, what are your exact requirements? You can't go on asking "how about this and how about that?"

At your budget you can get these cars:

Fiesta 1.6: Great handling and a peppy powerful engine let down by A_S_S and spares pricing.

SX4: Nice looks, huge list of equipments, competent chasis, peace of mind; let down by poor build and engine doesn't have usual "maruti efficiency"

City: Nice interiors, peace of mind buy; let down by dull handling, not much features and in for a model change soon.

Verna(D): Blast of an engine, decent list of features, decent A_S_S but chasis doesn't match up to the engine. However, heard the latest Vernas come with updated suspension settings with new dampers.

Cedia: Same as that of fiesta; don't know much abt the features on the offing

Magnum(Diesel): out of your budget; best buy

But let me tell you, none of these cars can cope up with your uncle's style of maintenance. i.e, "no maintenance" for 5 years!!!!!!smiley3.gif

Well their aren't any reliability issues on the Cedia and it give good driving response just like the fiesta .Also it has 2.0lt engine which can be tuned later for more power so give it a test drive.

my uncle saw a fiesta S and he really liked it

he told the ford dealers about the maintenance thing

and the ford dealers let him take an oath of

servicing his car!!!!

funny

@archit - Ask your uncle to wait for the New City expected around Diwali.

It will be priced higher than present version. But expect it to be powerful with a 1.5 VTEC , airbags and ABS will be standard in 2nd version. I expect the price around 8 lacs for base and 9 lacs + for 2nd version and automatic around 10 lacs.

Man in just 2 days the topic went really long....First tell us ur requirements and then test drive some cars finalize 2-3 then decide...coz there are many cars and u cant keep on asking 'is this good, is that good,what about this,etc'

Hi, Archit you have stretched a topic very long without narrating exact requirements. Only 4.5 lk ? 8.5 lk is not important to identify the perfect car. You need to give the details of your usage and expectation from your car. By compiling your priorities and likings one will be able to advice you a perfect car. Otherwise all will advice you their own likings.. waiting for your feedback b4 advising.

hi archit. i read the complete post today and its really messed up. now, within a budget of 8.5 lacs and the need of very low maintenance for 5 years, you first need to avoid used cars as they need frequent maintenance unlike new cars.

in new cars, only honda city and maruti sx4 are good options in petrol; and verna crdi in diesel. they are low on maintenance and can run fine for next 5 years. magna is out of your budget and cedia is a high maintenance car with poor resale and dealer network. so just test drive sx4, city and verna crdi and decide yourself.

CHEERS!!!!