vibhor

Hyundai to launch i10 Diesel soon!!

smiley1.gif.Hi guys............Hyundai is soon going to launch its i10 in Diesel avatar to join the diesel car race!.........acc. to sources the engine will have 80horses ...n also it will come with 5speed manual transmission!.....any onwe here knows more on it is welcome!!smiley17.gif

i10.jpg
vibhor2008-08-17 12:32:20

Looks like the i10 will have everything covered. Hope they price it right. 80 bhp sounds like a lot for a hatch, hope it comes with all round discs, ABS, Airbags, etc. Hope they don't strip it bare, like they did to the Getz. They should have an option laden, sport variant both for the diesel and petrol 1.2, load it to the gills, and showcase the things that can be done with i10, like the Fiesta 1.6S. Add some drilled alloy pedals, some sexy alloys with grippy rubber, stiffen the springs, lower the ride height, basically delete the "hyundai rock and roll" in the corners, and some music when gassed. Gosh or is it asking Hyundai for too much.

It can give Swift a run for money if priced right.. Coz for city use people need small and cheap cost car while swift is a big one though inside space is not so much but its exteriors are really big.. If this one is oriced below swift maruti can have hard time ahead.. Coz Crdi is also best diesel engine.. and 80Bhp sounds good with better interiors and build quality it will be a good car..

Looks like the i10 will have everything covered. Hope they price it right. 80 bhp sounds like a lot for a hatch' date=' hope it comes with all round discs, ABS, Airbags, etc. Hope they don't strip it bare, like they did to the Getz. They should have an option laden, sport variant both for the diesel and petrol 1.2, load it to the gills, and showcase the things that can be done with i10, like the Fiesta 1.6S. Add some drilled alloy pedals, some sexy alloys with grippy rubber, stiffen the springs, lower the ride height, basically delete the "hyundai rock and roll" in the corners, and some music when gassed. Gosh or is it asking Hyundai for too much.[/quote']

amen.

If Hyundai has to hit the ground running, with it's diesel i10, it's got to price it right. Otherwise it would be like the Getz diesel, a nonstarter. Even Getz had a 'surplus' of horses, but is no where; coz of the pricing and lack of safety features. Of late, I have a feeling that Hyundai is more interested in the export market than the domestic market. What with India becoming the small car hub of the mother company.

I think this time hyundai will price this Crdi in right way coz it wants to beat swift D and want to prove themselves...they have lots and lots hope from this i10.. they have made this world class product and wont let down this by pricing it more

Another good one from our spy vibhor....dude u r d top spy and reporter of aci forum !!! well it was rumuored that the crdi engine for i10 will be a 1.1 l unit though how its going to make 80 bhp is a mystery !!! well pricing is important and seeing the sales of i10 it wont be a surprise that it lessens the waiting list of maruti suzuki swift diesel !!! hey blue sapphire i beg to differ from u...according to me hyundai's crdi is no where in terms of refinement when compared to fiat mjd and  if i were ask to rate the list would be- 1. fiat mjd 2. hyundai crdi and renault dci 3. chevrolet tdci 4. m&m crde and toyota d4d 5.tata dicor 6. noisy skoda pd !!!!

@Mehul Bhp i agree that MJd is better but Crdi is one of the best diesels in the world and its refined too.. u cant say that Mjd is way better ..ya its good than Crdi coz its more modern but still Crdi is excellent..That engine was a revolution in india..

Driving that also u can feel that u r driving petrol..

welome vibhor.....but people have not been that happy from the crdi engine of hyundai as compared to others diesel engine leaving skoda.....what i am saying might nt hold good but this is what i feel about hyundai;'s crdi....but there's consensus on one thing that skoda's pd is the worst diesel engine in india !!!!

it may be that u might have not heard good about Crdi's...but i have heard good so cant agree with you..and also what i have experienced m saying..i drove Swift D and Aceent and Verna Crdi and i must tell u that Swift though is more refined but i felt almost same in both..