vibhor

Pics: Facelifted Mercedes Benz S class!!!

smiley1.gif..Hi friends!! .These shots are the best yet with the car almost completely undisguised. Immediately noticable are the new front skirts, front fog lamps, revised bumper, a slighly slanted frint grille and new outside rear view mirrors. The front headlights have been changed slightly to accomodate a string of LED lights along the edges called the daytime running lights, made popular by Audi. The rear bumper has also been redesigned and so are the tail lights which will now come without the coloured metal stripes.The new S-Class should be available in the Indian market as soon as it is launched internationally.smiley17.gif

9080820008mini1l.thumbnail.jpg

9080820008mini3l.jpg

9080820008mini4l.jpg

(source:world car fans)

That black grille looks like a kind of camouflage. The headlights have changed and there is an orange indicator lamp on the sides of the front bumper. The exhausts are rectangular. More or less looks like its predecessor.

And yet again Mercedes is trying to go the sporty way. I am disappointed.

mercedes should stick to luxury image with the S class

the c class is understandable that it needs a more sporty look or the e class

but the s class??

i am also disappointed

I kinda like the New Sporty Side of Mercedes Benz. Gets out its Real Roots...The Kinda Madness they acheived the 500K or the 300SL Gullwing..At least they are trying though. And those twin exhaust makes me guess that is a 500 we are lookin at.

if it does than BMW will have to launch M7

it is a very fierce battle between the merc and the bmw

sorry to be a little off topic but which do you think is better not by brandname but actual feeling?

Merc should get some better designers. The current S class is a design disaster with ugly interiors. Its second console (above a/c) sticks out like a sore thumb. In the current model, they copied the boot desigm from BMW and now they are copying the LED's from Audi. Cant their design  team think of some original ideas like their technical team.

The black grill in the photo looks horrible in a luxury car. Merc should decide its positioning in the market. They cant project it both as a luxury and sports car.

BMW has been thrashing Merc regularly now. BMW's Rolls has beaten Merc's Maybach as a 'also ran'. 5 series is now way ahead than E class globally. And within 2 years of Indian operations, BMW is threatening to overtake Merc by next year, in India.

whoops. Yea, i did post the wrong picture. Here is the Correct one. Sorry.

Reposting my post:-

Archit, BMW owns Rolls Royce since quite a while now.

Also, there is an ///AMG version for the S Class.

There is S55, S63 and S65 as far as i know.

Here is an S65 AMG

CYRUS432008-08-26 10:47:18