anjan_c2007

Tata Nano exits Singur,

Tatas are considering Gujarat and Mahrashtra now..

So finally Tata has left...There is victory of Mamth..

Politicians either fights for the poor for votes or money..Now i dont know whether the elections went or are nearby in WB but if its nearby then this was surely for votes which will not help even if Mamtha becomes CM coz she cant take the state towards success..

Now it can be for money and foreign companies usually have no hold over politicians and they stay away from them ..So basically it can be Indian company which can understand the politics easily as its from long time..

Except Tata there are Maruti Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hindustan motors, Bajaj and Hero Honda...

Now ofcourse nano will affect on Bajaj(as it will launch the ULC in few years) and ofcourse Maruti...nobody can tell who was behind but if these companies are behind this trick then this was really cheap tactics and this shows that these bloody companies cant take competition fairly...Very Bad...smiley7.gif

Tatas are considering Gujarat and Mahrashtra now..

So finally Tata has left...There is victory of Mamth..

Politicians either fights for the poor for votes or money..Now i dont know whether the elections went or are nearby in WB but if its nearby then this was surely for votes which will not help even if Mamtha becomes CM coz she cant take the state towards success..

Now it can be for money and foreign companies usually have no hold over politicians and they stay away from them ..So basically it can be Indian company which can understand the politics easily as its from long time..

Except Tata there are Maruti Suzuki' date=' Mahindra & Mahindra, Hindustan motors, Bajaj and Hero Honda...

Now ofcourse nano will affect on Bajaj(as it will launch the ULC in few years) and ofcourse Maruti...nobody can tell who was behind but if these companies are behind this trick then this was really cheap tactics and this shows that these bloody companies cant take competition fairly...Very Bad...smiley7.gif
[/quote'] Well said Bluesapphire!..i agree!smiley1.gifvibhor2008-10-04 11:17:55

Except Tata there are Maruti Suzuki' date=' Mahindra & Mahindra, Hindustan motors, Bajaj and Hero Honda...

[/quote']

Rahul Bajaj is an old friend of Tata's and a gentleman, he will not stoop to such dirty tactics. Mahindra and HM have no product to compete with Nano. The senior Munjal was all praise for Tata's during Nano's launching and I dont think bike sales will be much affected by Nano. And none of these companies had any product against FIAT UNO, except for Maruti who may have had to protect their 800 on both the occasions.

This is seriously disgusting. Surely this was not for the votes. If it was, Ms. Banerjee would have accepted the second compensation package or at least would have bothered to think about relenting her stand after the threat of pulling. There were definitely financial gains. I too agree that Bajaj would not stoop to such lows (although they have a motive). This is soooo crazy and frustrating. WB surely falls back a generation in terms of industrial dvelopment. What do the farmers (willing and unwilling) do from now on? Do they get their land back? I remember reading somewhere that Tatas woud move out and then think about what to do with thta land. The land legally is still leased out to the Tatas. If I am not wrong, there's some 300 acres of land where there has been no construction if at all it was to be returned. Not sure about the foundations and other things though.

nano now wont make it to the october deadline launch and i think now we must nano coming out only in the 1st quarter of 2009..its bad cause he might not be able to maintain the 1 lakh price tag(ex-showroom price) !!!!

Sad but true! Thats what happens when politicians axe development for their personal gains and whims (not sure whether any politician will lose votebanks, now that the exit is official) throwing all norms to the winds. Am sure that those politicians supporting the farmer's so called causes, that they stood by to drive out the Tatas may not even visit or think about Singur in the near future, once the coming elections are over.

This is seriously disgusting. .... What do the farmers (willing and unwilling) do from now on? Do they get their land back? I remember reading somewhere that Tatas woud move out and then think about what to do with thta land. The land legally is still leased out to the Tatas. If I am not wrong' date=' there's some 300 acres of land where there has been no construction if at all it was to be returned. Not sure about the foundations and other things though. [/quote']

What will the farmers do now? will they get back there land? don't think so..they are already paid up. they will have to return the compensation in case they wan t the land..and in what state will the land be.. once the factory work was started I don't think the land remained anymore in cultivable state. shouldn't Mamta have thought of that..? there must be so much of leveling of land (change of landscape), foundation work etc done. how will the distribution of the land happen... more politics and more of politicians benefiting from this than the farmers now. And what about the people who had hopes of getting jobs directly indirectly because of the plant..Can Mamta give them jobs?

ya...I remember Tatas saying that they will exit and think about what to do with the land later. The land has been leased out to them for 90 years, so legally the land is still theirs for 90 years. Not sure whether the agreement between the Tatas and the State government had any clause as to what happens if Tatas shut shop in Singur. People directly involved in farming is Singur die of hunger because their land (if at all they ever get it back is no more cultivable). People who were indirectly dependent on agriculture die of hunger because there is going to be no agriculture. People who gave up land to get jobs in the plant die of hunger because there is no factory and no jobs there too.

Some guy in Gujrat is accepting a lower compensation (and bearing a loss of some 20 Crores) because the land is expected to be used for the nano plant by the government and he is ready to sacrifice for his state.

i read somewhere that Nirupam sen or someone like that said that this Land will remain with officials and will be used for industrial purpose only and farmers will not be given back any land...If they want compensation now they can collect it from Govt...

[/quote']

Rahul Bajaj is an old friend of Tata's and a gentleman, he will not stoop to such dirty tactics. Mahindra and HM have no product to compete with Nano. The senior Munjal was all praise for Tata's during Nano's launching and I dont think bike sales will be much affected by Nano. And none of these companies had any product against FIAT UNO, except for Maruti who may have had to protect their 800 on both the occasions.

well i know that if any rivalry is behind this Maruti comes ahead in that but i didnt wanted to clear that in this forum...but i think that Bajaj's are not gentlemens and can be to any level for competition..well i personally think that and no personal offence made...Maruti and Bajaj can get into any level but at present the loss in immediate future will be to maruti and Bajaj have time to come up with their ULC...as Maruti has strong links being Govt comapny at one time so they  can be behind this....

Well most probably Nano will come to Gujarat or Andrapradesh as AP is providing good incentives unlike Gujarat but i think Gujarat is safer for Nano as farmers are willingly giving their land and there's not too much problems in Gujarat while i think AP has some naxalites which can create problems...This time Tata should be careful to avoid problems like in singur..

Dont think it will come out on time. 2 years went into the building of the facility in Singur. That time would be needed for the mother plant to come up. It might come out sometime this year but the production numbers will be very low.

The AP government was actually giving the Tatas compensation for the amount of loss they made moving out of Singur. That's funny. Even the Gujrat government relented on their stand of not giving any financial incentives. Does this lead to resentment amongst the other industries already there or that will come up without these incentives?
chiragoberoi2008-10-07 10:36:05

There was also news, that ancillary units may stay back in Singur!

I think, whole of India ie. all the states would welcome Tata to set up plants in their territories (offcourse leaving aside Bengal).