anjan_c2007

Tata Nano exits Singur,

Well i dont think that the Offer by Guj Govt is better than Singur...

And also stating the production of Nano in Pantnagar, he said that 6 assembly lines are given to Nano which were used by Tata ACE which shares almost same platform with nano...

and production will raised to 500 units per day in pantnagar and some other plant...

But this is what I heard on CNN IBN yesterday, they said Gujarat Govt. would be leasing land to Tatas on a 99yr. lease.

About 1500 cr. loss, I heard this on news too.

No read some previous posts, Tatas are buying on market rate as per Modi but even am doubtful coz cost per Acre i came to know is so cheap and MV is higher there...

Also, i have a question, why Tata didnt commenced its operations in their so called own city JAMSHEDPUR....were they having some land problems or what...

They are buying for sure and it surely its not market value. hopefully this doesnt add to any other protest or the sort in Gujarat. Someone using RTI and bringing a stay on production. nooooo. nothing like that please.

they have heavy commercials there i think. so using the same plant is definitely out of question. A new plant there hmmmm could be an interesting proposition. Jharkhand was never in picture. Probably the government couldnt match the sops given by the others. Land could have been a possible issue too.

Nano already had connections with Gujarat. As 3 Rajkot based companies were to supply important engineering components to TATA motors for Nano engine. Connecting rods of crane shaft and some 23 critical parts in gear box to name a few.

Transportation costs for these parts will now come down to negligible.

Yesterday, I heard on the news, some old Gujarat residents were suggesting Tata's to deliver the 1st. Nano from JRD's ancesteral home in Jamshedpur which is being preserved & looked after by Parsi community. If Nano is delivered from there, it will be nostalgic!

Yesterday' date=' I heard on the news, some old Gujarat residents were suggesting Tata's to deliver the 1st. Nano from JRD's ancesteral home in Jamshedpur which is being preserved & looked after by Parsi community. If Nano is delivered from there, it will be nostalgic! [/quote']

That is a good idea indeed. But, i am sure the first nano will be kept for display purposes in the Tata Factory(in the museum section) at pune with the other superb cars that they have there.

But I'll still love to see 1st. Nano delivered from the founder's house & the man who revolutionalised  the Country. It will be a true tribute to the father of Industrial revolution in India.

well speed i think u got it wrong..gujarati people wanted nano to roll our from navsari near my city to which PARSIs 1st landed and even jamshedji was first landed there and even land was offered by the govt but then it went to ahmedabad..

Well BS maybe, but this is what I heard on news yesterday. Oh, I think you got it wrong, its about delivery of 1st. Nano & not production. Afterall, heart is where home is!

well speed tatas first home was in navsari...read this article...

NavsariHitArrow.gif: Joy of Nano driving into Gujarat is even more pronounced in small town NavsariHitArrow.gif, birthplace of Jamsetji Tata. Elated Parsis here feel this shifting of gear from Singur is the perfect goodwill gesture for Gujarati hospitality shown to them a century ago.
   However, they have one heartfelt wish

Good info. BS, as you are from Gujarat, you know more. The house in the pic. above was shown on news.

But maybe they said Jamshedpur, as Tata's business venture started from there. Here is a small reminder: The industrial city of Jamshedpur

was built by the skill, intelligence and passion for building

a new city by Jamshetji.

Jamsehdpur pronunciation (जमशेदपूर in

Devanagari) is a city located in the state of Jharkand in India founded

by the late Jamshedji Nusserwanji Tata as Sakchi. In 1919 Lord

Chelmsford named it Jamshedpur, in honour of its founder, whose

birthday is celebrated on 3rd March as Founder's Day. J. N. Tata had

written to his son Dorabji Tata about his vision of a great city in the

area.

Jamshedpur is home to the first private Iron and Steel

company of India, Tata Steel, and is commonly called "Tata" as a result

of the company's significant presence. The areas surrounding Jamshedpur

are rich in minerals, including iron ore, coal, manganese and lime.

Some of these areas are Jamadoba, Noamundi and West Bokaro.

The largest factory is that of Tata

Steel (the erstwhile TISCO), and it is situated almost at the center of

the city.

The other major factory in the city is Tata Motors

(previously called The Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO)-

as once upon time railway locomotives used to be manufactured here -

hence the name), which manufactures heavy vehicles &

construction/earth moving equipment. Tata Tinplate (the erstwhile

Tinplate Co. of India Ltd.) manufactures tinplate. It was originally a

British company built in Golmuri, later on taken over by Tata.

Maybe because of such strong connections, people are urging Tata's to roll out Nano from Tatanagar(Jamshedpur).

There was news today, that Nano's deliveries would start on Ratan Tata's birthday which falls on 28th.dec.

The news further said that even Indica's deliveries almost a decade ago, were started on Tata's birthday. What a coincidence!

Good info. BS' date=' as you are from Gujarat, you know more. The house in the pic. above was shown on news.
But maybe they said Jamshedpur, as Tata's business venture started from there. Here is a small reminder: The industrial city of Jamshedpur was built by the skill, intelligence and passion for building a new city by Jamshetji.
Jamsehdpur pronunciation (जमशेदपूर in Devanagari) is a city located in the state of Jharkand in India founded by the late Jamshedji Nusserwanji Tata as Sakchi. In 1919 Lord Chelmsford named it Jamshedpur, in honour of its founder, whose birthday is celebrated on 3rd March as Founder's Day. J. N. Tata had written to his son Dorabji Tata about his vision of a great city in the area.
Jamshedpur is home to the first private Iron and Steel company of India, Tata Steel, and is commonly called "Tata" as a result of the company's significant presence. The areas surrounding Jamshedpur are rich in minerals, including iron ore, coal, manganese and lime. Some of these areas are Jamadoba, Noamundi and West Bokaro.
The largest factory is that of Tata Steel (the erstwhile TISCO), and it is situated almost at the center of the city.
The other major factory in the city is Tata Motors (previously called The Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company (TELCO)- as once upon time railway locomotives used to be manufactured here - hence the name), which manufactures heavy vehicles & construction/earth moving equipment. Tata Tinplate (the erstwhile Tinplate Co. of India Ltd.) manufactures tinplate. It was originally a British company built in Golmuri, later on taken over by Tata.

Maybe because of such strong connections, people are urging Tata's to roll out Nano from Tatanagar(Jamshedpur).

[/quote']

yup he did everything in Jamshedpur but still he was born in Navsari..

and as he already did many things in Jamshedpur , there peoples are might not be wanting for more but they have not done many things in Navsari so might be about Nano, Navsari people are thinking that Tata would have come to navsari as the land was offered there at 1st place before sanand..

Yes, volumes are going to be low for sometime, but atleast 1st. crutial step ie. launch will be achieved. This will inspire lot of confidence in the company & faster operations in the future can be expected.

yup, the volume will be low and demand will be high so company will command some premium for ready delivery and as a result poor cant get hands on it untill supply is as per demand..Gujarat plant will take atleast 1 year if everythings goes in right perspective..