incredibleme

bajaj XCD

i ride a bajaj XCD. I bought it recently, its not even  a month and i think I m starting to regret my decision. once i rode it while it was raining and found out that the brakes loose their effectiveness. I had to frequently apply brakes to make them work better.

is this ok?

earlier I had HEro honda splendour, but i thnk I dont remember any such problems with that bike.

Hey,

It must have been raining heavy when that occured. Its normal on any bike with drum brakes man, and the XCD is a super duper bike, way superior to your old Hero Honda in all respects, including braking.

Don't believe all you read on the forums, for many guys here can have hidden agendas, instead go for the Autocar road test verdict. The Autocar XCD road test says its a cool bike. Thats enough for me.

Well, now that you have bought it, you have to make the best of it. But this brake issue is something new. Normally, the brakes should work as well irrespective of the weather. If the pronlem persists, go to bajaj and get your brakes checked out.

I dont think that is a problem with the bike. I have seen generally in the rains brakes need to be pressed 3-4 times hard to get them to function properly. Possibly this removes water on the brakes. Try it and see.

Brakes looses their effectiveness in rain as they become wet ,It is normal thing for any bike or scooter.If  only because of this you are feeling that your bike is not good then you are not right.I f you are facing any other problem then please let us know ,Because I don't think that XCD is so bad,it has best in class mileage ,and light & nimble so good for  city traffic conditions

the XCD is a super duper bike,  as hogslayer  said .....for a super duper ........bike ....brake issues are common ..??

other bikes riding in rainy conditions doesnt have these problems ....that too for a new bike......