chicane1879

2009/10 Chevrolet Optra Replacement- Cruze!!

The first official photos of the 2010 Chevrolet Cruze!!

2ljoths.jpg

2zssfop.jpg

15qu242.jpg

At its european launch, 3 engines will be made available...112hp 1.6 inline-4(variable valve timing on both the inlet and exhaust)

140hp 1.8 inline-4(variable valve timing on both the inlet and exhaust)

150hp 2.0 turbo-diesel inline-4

A 5-speed manual and a 6-speed A/T will be available.

Additional photos of the preview at GM's Lordstown plant in Ohio...

6yleeh.jpg

2zgrdhw.jpg

29dws94.jpg

This possible Optra replacement will definitely take the Indian Premium Car segment by storm.I don't think GMI will consider changing the monster 120bhp TCDi engine.Newer engine options would only escalate the price, further.Newer Variable Valve Petrol engines are most welcome as the present 1.6/1.8 are somewhat outdated in the present competition.

pics:tsikot.comchicane18792008-08-23 06:18:35

The front is a little overdone and gives and 'angry' look and the back resembles a Civic and is also overdone. The headlights need to be sized down a little and so with the taillight's. I hate that 'yawning' American grill, looks like a 'bugcatcher' to me.

I have also come to know that there some design elements might be changed for the Asia-Pacific region. IMO, the car has striking looks and i love the overall 'aggressive' character. Some parts do resemble the civic and it's better one at that!! smiley36.gifchicane18792008-08-23 09:13:15

i just love the agressive look of the car.....it looks so good..big american beast.........i dont think anything is overdone.....the car is awesome....engines a 148 bhp from captiva.....beat that all new petrol.........finally civic has a real competition!!!GMI needs to bring it in as soon as possible!!!!!!

siddhant2008-08-23 09:41:48

People are tripping over Fabia, which goes to 8L, so theres not much difference.

Diesel will be the selling point for now & moreover it will be an experiment, as they did with petrol SRV, they might get a few numbers before it is discontinued.

Diesel engined SRV was defintely planned by GMI .But for some unknown reasons that did not happen.Even the supercharged version of SRV didn't work out.It was tested by various magazines and the price of the kit was extremely high.May be GMI has some better plans to play with!!

Gm has stopped production for Srv but still its made if they get an order..but otherwise its not produce..it means they might have some old stock but they are not keeping in showroom and if they get an order dealers will be getting it from company 

Yes, you are right friend. The new Optra Cruze is adorned with radical design and futuristic features. This will definitely become a trump card of General Motors in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />India. I got to know the pricing of Cruze from http://blog.carazoo.com/2008/08/optra-to-cruze.html.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />