hogslayer

RTR FI versus R15

So, whats consensus on this one??? Is Yamaha's R15 worth paying double  over an RTR with fuel injection. For what do you pay all that extra cash??? My riding buddies go for long rides every month, and one of us, name Sanjay just bought the R15 and this tuesday we dragged the two bikes on highway changing riders and found the RTR is almost as fast, so close even that 2 out of about ten drags the RTR actually came first past the finish line if the rider was slightly better. Yes, everyone agreed that the R15 is far better to ride in many ways, but, the question is this; is it that much better to justify paying more than double what the RTR costs, even infact more than the Pulsar 220.  Next week we are trying to get a Pulsar 220 to race with and check how that goes.

I haven't ridden the R15 but i have come to know that it has to be launched so precisely(shifting gears) which could even shame those by NASA!! smiley36.gif

RTR is one heck of a fast bike and provides maximum bang of buck.But in the R15 you get the latest technologies and is a great looker.It's a close call between the P220 and the R15, the R15 only has a slightly better top speed.

It all depends on the rider to churn out the best from the Yammy!!chicane18792008-08-23 13:02:32

I personally feel the R15 is priced too high...Features are good but for a day to day usage most of the features are redundant. Only if u r an out and out rider to whom the latest tech really matters would the R15 be the best choice. I think once the initial hype dies down, people will see the P220 to be the better bike.

At the end of the day, the Apache provides almost the same thrills as the R15 but the R15 is that extra bit more involving....so my opinion s if u dont mind spending, go for the R15 otherwise the RTR is one heck of a good bike itself

Its all about wat u want... RTR is a reeli hot bike and as said it gives the best bang for the buck... but if u are a highway rider and do most of ur ridin on d highs den R15 proves to be a better bet as it is strain free with the 6th gear doin a great job... RTR is a raw bike wit d TVS racing gene and can give d bigger bikes a complex ! I think d extra bucks are just for d resemblance wit d R1 and d latest tech used... but RTR is'n too backward as well... so i wud go for the RTR Fi anyday !!! 

74000 Rs for RTRFi....& ....1,13,000 Rs...for R15....

is the price double......????

apache cannot be compared to R15......as it is way behind......in terms of efficiency.....power.......technology.........& of course.....style........

.....those who dont have enough money can think about ....RTR..Fi.........and can say that at the end of the day rtr gives same thrills....

in terms of ride ...& handling.......performance.....&...build quality..........R15 is way ahead of RTR.......Fi.......

after 10 generations of RTR....FI .....we can compare ......it with ....R15......

Moderators Note:

Despite Various Warnings, You have continued Posting for the sake of posting. Henceforth, you will be given two more warnings. If you still dont change your posting habits, you will be temporarily banned.
CYRUS432008-08-24 09:01:51

Ya

I agree R15 is a legend. One of my friend bought R15 month back really

cool I never ever ride a bike like R15. After ride with R15 my RTR Fi

is like a kid. When ever I hit the top speed in my RTR Fi (132kmph in

speedometer) I felt I am riding too fast. But in R15 the 6th gear is

awesome after touched 123kmph I just put a 6th gear I felt like a

90kmph but the speedometer shows 138kmph the aerodynamics is playing

the bike handling is cool. Pls never ever compare this 2 bike.

Ya I agree R15 is a legend. One of my friend bought R15 month back really cool I never ever ride a bike like R15. After ride with R15 my RTR Fi is like a kid. When ever I hit the top speed in my RTR Fi (132kmph in speedometer) I felt I am riding too fast. But in R15 the 6th gear is awesome after touched 123kmph I just put a 6th gear I felt like a 90kmph but the speedometer shows 138kmph the aerodynamics is playing the bike handling is cool. Pls never ever compare this 2 bike.[/quote']

You were pulling the R 15 Down and how come suddenly you are commenting that R15 is superior.

I feel their should be a proper platform to compare. RTR Fi cannot be compared with R15.

R15 is a real winner.

Why the sudden change in mind anvin?

You were more aggressive before and hated R15. Anyways it is everyone's personal opinion on selecting which is their favorite bike. Its good that you like R15 now smiley1.gif

Ya I agree R15 is a legend. One of my friend bought R15 month back really cool I never ever ride a bike like R15. After ride with R15 my RTR Fi is like a kid. When ever I hit the top speed in my RTR Fi (132kmph in speedometer) I felt I am riding too fast. But in R15 the 6th gear is awesome after touched 123kmph I just put a 6th gear I felt like a 90kmph but the speedometer shows 138kmph the aerodynamics is playing the bike handling is cool. Pls never ever compare this 2 bike.[/quote']

You were pulling the R 15 Down and how come suddenly you are commenting that R15 is superior.

I feel their should be a proper platform to compare. RTR Fi cannot be compared with R15.

R15 is a real winner.

In the last one month I used the R15 more than my friend who bought a bike. The bike almost complete 4000 kms with in 35 day

When the appropriate time and need comes, I will give my phone numbers and address. Revealing details about one self  to a stranger.Prudence doesn't suggest that. Moreover i am  not free or idle sitting at home to play all such sort of game.

When the appropriate time and need comes' date=' I will give my phone numbers and address. Revealing details about one self  to a stranger.Prudence doesn't suggest that. Moreover i am  not free or idle sitting at home to play all such sort of game. [/quote']

haa haa haa smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

i has asked to TVS company about the RTR 180CC , this is their reply

Dear Mr. Sarabjeet,

Thank you for contacting us.  We would like to inform you that TVS Apache 180 cc will soon be launched in the coming months.   The exact date of launch is yet to be finalised, so we are unable to be specific with the launch of the upgraded version.  We will surely let you know as soon as it is lthe dates are finalised.   Should you require any other information or assistance, do contact us, we will be glad to reply.   

With Warm Regards
Helpdesk @TVS Motor Company

i have also asked about ABS system on the 180CC lets wait and watch for their reply

When the appropriate time and need comes' date=' I will give my phone numbers and address. Revealing details about one self  to a stranger.Prudence doesn't suggest that. Moreover i am  not free or idle sitting at home to play all such sort of game. [/quote']

haa haa haa smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Boss, whats your profession. Are you idle at home. Or just can come anytime or what?I don't find even 15 mins in day.