ruckfules_niks

Jetta or Civic ?

Hey romeo, ACI and other mags are just calling a spade a spade. Skoda's quality is leagues ahead of the competition and not only in India but abroad as well. They have consistently finished amongst the top 3 in the British JD Power where the competition invloves everything. VW and Skoda may not be premium brands the world over, but they are known for their quality. And as for you saving for a Merc, let me remind you the last generation Mercs were all panned by the international press for their disappointing un-Merc like quality! Stick to Beemers! And between the Civic and Jetta -I'd take the Civic, its from the future!

And also Premium means if you are comparing to other german giants then its not premium but brand wise it might be base brand in germany but not in other countries...

And also which brand is premium or not, this is also considered by Market characteristics..so for India they are premium..

I predict this one: The civic is more reliable, cheaper to maintain and is much better than the Jetta. German cars in general are over-engineered. The Japanese are very focused and this ensures that Japanese cars are infinitely more reliable than German cars.

@DD: I remembered Jeremy Clarkson saying that the sat nav in the S class always points to Warsaw and the Mini cooper's fan belt will last for a 1000 years.

And also Premium means if you are comparing to other german giants then its not premium but brand wise it might be base brand in germany but not in other countries...

And also which brand is premium or not' date=' this is also considered by Market characteristics..so for India they are premium..

[/quote']

'Premium' is a matter of perception. In Europe neither Skoda nor VW are premium. Audi is. Skoda is known as the 'cheapo' from VW. In the US Chevy is known as the blue collar workers mount, and so on.

The Civic hand's down for me. I don't know what the guys at VW where thinking when they launched a 13 lakh car with a 100bhp engine. The Civic's got good interiors, is cheap to run and maintain, great looks and most importantly a powerful engine. Oh and those cool paddle shifts!

i thinkboth cars are designed keeping different kind of customers in mind.

jetta fits more into corporate lifestyl with very simple yet decent looks

while

civic if more of appealing to youth.

both have their own class and takes the top spot.