surendrak

smell rat @skoda dealer service

hi all,

i ve a skoda oct rider, @ 2 yrs old, having run 36k kms. i faced an issue this morning all of a sudden - the gears wont shift and someone told me the clutch is gone!

i read somewhere that ave life for the clutch is @ 60-70000 kms and so i found it surprising that my clutch conked off so early, that too given the fact that i got the car serviced only lastweek at the dealer (and no mention of any issues with clutch/spring etc., duuring the service)! i suspect foulplay by the dealer..am i justified?

appreciate your help and replies. thank you

- regards, surendra

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

i was told that the clutch burnt out and no oil problem. I wanted to know if it is possible that the clutch gets burnt in a couple of days after service, during which it was found to be fine...

regards

surendra

Hi,

i feel the dealer is having a ride on me. and since clutch burning out would be wear and tear, i guess insurance cannot be claimed (pls correct me if wrong).

can someone advise me how to take the dealer to task? i will have two written statements (job cards) from him- one showing no issues with clutche 3 days ago and the other mentioning burnt clutch today. can i use these two docs and do something?

thanks again and appreciate your responses

regards

surendra

"the skoda ppl are surely toying around with you\ the clutch burned quite fast for a octy"

"i have a same feeling i think you overused it too much"

Archit you have 2 posts saying 2 conflicting things any sense in that?

roomy2008-08-27 14:30:27

If you have a hydraulic clutch may be the oil has leaked out!

that is what I think too, also while I do not think most Skoda dealers are good it amazes me how easily fingers are pointed , clutch hydraulics can fail at any time could be just coincidence that the car was just  serviced.
roomy2008-08-27 14:35:41

hi all' date='

i ve a skoda oct rider, @ 2 yrs old, having run 36k kms. i faced an issue this morning all of a sudden - the gears wont shift and someone told me the clutch is gone!

i read somewhere that ave life for the clutch is @ 60-70000 kms and so i found it surprising that my clutch conked off so early, that too given the fact that i got the car serviced only lastweek at the dealer (and no mention of any issues with clutch/spring etc., duuring the service)! i suspect foulplay by the dealer..am i justified?

appreciate your help and replies. thank you

- regards, surendra
[/quote']

The Nagpur Skoda dealer Mr Bharat Seth my friend, told me very recently that since they opened the dealership Navnit Cars about four years ago, there have been very few clutch problems that have come to his service centre. So I do not think that yours was a genuine clutch problem.

thank you all for the replies.

as to over riding/driving on clutch - neither i nor my driver drive on clutch, but since some of you mentioned hydralic clutch's vulnerability, this may have been the reason, if it can happen all of a sudden. (the dealer has good incentive in replacing the clutch, which i was told would cost @ 55000/-)

other suggestions - talking to skoda etc., may help and i ll try this advice. since it is an expensive part, may be the clutch has some number on it which can be used to check if it is the original (pls correct if not?)

thanks again for helping me,

regards, surendra

thank you all for the replies.

A?

as to over riding/driving on clutch - neither i nor my driver drive on clutch' date=' but since some of you mentioned hydralic clutch's vulnerability, this may have been the reason, if it can happen all of a sudden. (the dealer has good incentive in replacing the clutch, which i was told would cost @ 55000/-)

A?

other suggestions - talking to skoda etc., may help and i ll try this advice. since it is an expensive part, may be the clutch has some number on it which can be used to check if it is the original (pls correct if not?)

A?

thanks again for helping me,

regards, surendra

A?
[/quote']

Clutch of my diesel octy lasted me 90,000kms. Skoda dealers are known to be crooks. Probably replaced yr clutch with a faulty one. Even i used to suddenly get new problems in my car after service. I now get my car serviced outside. No problems so far except the service indicator in the ODO doesnt go away.

Skoda has a major problem with the clutch. I know several people whose clutch has worn out in under 10,000 km. Skoda happily blames it on "bad driving" but the fact is that if you drive in heavy city traffic, the clutch can go in 20 kilometres! Its a design flaw which they dont accept. If you drive on highways, it can last for 60,000 kms also.

Go ahead and call Skoda Auto on 0240 6631256 and ask for customer service. If you fight hard enough, they will replace the clutch for free under warranty.

Best of Luck!

i dont know what n number of problems a car from skoda has...10,000 kms is completely atrocious....even a lady who rides the clutch will manage to go till  25,000 kms in other cars.....what kind of clutches are they making !!!

Oops, 10000km & clutch's game over! This is a worst case scenario.

ACI or someone should shed more light on this.

Anyways how much does clutch replacement for Skoda cost ? In case car is out of warranty.