nehapjain06

Santro or Getz/Swift

We had almost zeroed down on the Santro Xing as our first car but had second thoughts after considering that a lakh more wouldnt matter if a Getz or a Swift would prove to be a better car not only today (in terms of engine/space/ mileage etc.) but even 3 years down the line when the Santro may hv been phased out/ an older car compared to the others and hence a much lower resale value... Any suggestions??

see Santro curently is a nice car but it will soon be introduced in a facelift soo expect the current santro Xing eRLx resale value to drop. the newly Launched WagonR makes it a more comon sens it also has super silent engine and high driver seat position makes it an ease in the traffic.but if u are looking for a biger car like  getz or swift the milage is less but comfort is good. the getz is not tht gr8. goo for the swift petrol . mialge of Swift petrol will around 10-12 in city and 15-16 in highway. wheras wagonR gives 13-15 in city and 17-18 in highway. if your  Running is more than 1000kms a month then goo ahead for Swift diesel or WagonR Duo LXi. and incase u hav more doubts it would be better if u add me or mail me on cool_friend124@yahoo.co.in

If you are a family of 2 or at the max 4, santro is the ideal choice ,this being your first car. I have owned 2 santros in succession ( my family in total  owns 5) first one had covered 55,000 kms and the second one we use now has done 75,000 kms... no problems at all, only the tyres have been changed,... 5 year old, the battery is still going strong although we will soon change that also...as a first time car buyer, i think the size will suit you perfectly and morever tha santro is very easy for women to drive around in city.. very light controls... i personally think getz and swift are a little too big for first time... also the mileage feedback i got for the swift is under 10kms per litre in city...our santro gives a combined figure of 15kms/litre with ac on.. in fact it is never driven without ac...all in all a sweet car...we will soon be upgrading to santro automatic as my father will be retiring and will be spending most of the time in city...

also we have owned  and continue to have all hatchbacks as we are a family who dont appreciate sedans much.. we have a santro, indica diesel, alto vxi, zen(original) and we used to have a wagon R....alto too cramped but brought as a sportier option for my brother... indica is the family car for long trips, santro is fathers car and intermittently used by me.

Dont worry too much about resale value as all small cars except the fiat will be loosing it at the same rate.. even the swift will loose more as all people are preferring the diesel and getz will depreciate much faster than the equivalent santro...

no dont go for the existing one. it will be  nice if you could also see the swift. and then compare with the santro but the prcing of swift is a bit high but some extra features plus driving comfort plus decetn resale value will be there for Swift.