yamboy911

Spark PS or Alto LXi?

Hi friends,

One of my colleague is looking for a new car under 3.5 lakhs. His requirement priorityis in the following order. Cabin space,fuel economy, reliablity,good after sales service and decent performance. He has short listed Alto Lxi and Chevy Spark PS and both have almost same price in Bangalore.

What is ur suggestion?

Spark's engine is Squential MPFI. What is the difference between normal MPFI and the sequential one? He feels that it is an old technology comapred to the normal MPFI

smiley1.gif Hi , I will suggest you the Chevy Spark ...its a great deal these days bcoz chevy is offering more attractive schemes on its cars ....n its much much better than maruti alto .....chevy has good cabin space where the tiny alto is very short in it!spark is also quite fuelefficient but not good as alto in fuel efficiency, Chevy is a relaible brand we can trust on it.smiley10.gif....after sales service is much btter of maruti but chevy is also not bad at all..n as both cars aare equal in price ill suggest bigger one that is CHEVY SPARK over all its a really very nice car! smiley17.gifvibhor2008-08-29 17:00:25

Hi yamboy, cabin space is low in both Alto & Spark,

-Alto is more fuel efficient, though Spark is not much behind,

-Both the cars are reliable, Maruti has advantage in service stations, whereas GM is offering very good maintainence packages on Spark,

-Performance is much better in Spark,

-Spark's engine is 1L as compared to Alto's 800cc & hence better driveability in the Spark.

Overall, at the same price, Spark makes for a better choice.

Hey Sparks real competition is with wagonR n santro ..but then you are getting this at Altos price actually alto cant be compared with spark product wise..go for it its really very good and chevy service is excellent ..as u can see my signature I own one and m really happy with it

Dude,

Spark is the ultimate choice with 1L engine and cutest looks when compared to any other small car. If you have a look at the panel gaps in Alto and Spark, you can understand the build quality of Spark. Spark rocksssssmiley32.gif

smiley32.gif

You cant compare spark with alto, first of all Spark is a 4 cyl car and have 1L engine compared to altos tiny 3cyl 800cc engine. Gm cars are more solidly built than maruti cars. Alto only wins in two aspects fuel efficiency and service . But Gm is not that bad eight er.  Go for spark after all it is a better package

Hi, Yamboy911. Between Spark and Alto, Spark anyday. But when space is the first priority I would suggest you to go for Santro. Lower model of Santro with Power steering and A.C. will be nearly in your budget. Even if you spend some more bucks you will have a better package comapred to Spark. When you are buying santro you not wrong in any issue. It is the best hatch ever and has the best re-sale value. It is the most perfect car for Indian condition. Service is parellal to Maruti. Spares are cheap and easily availble. Only compromise will be in Fuel efficiency compared to Alto, and not compared to Spark. It will be sold alongwith I-10 and will serve you for next 5-6 years without any problem. My choice will be Santro only.

Ya santro is very good car ...but spark feels roomy, more comfortable, peppy, good ride quality and comfort, seats are better ,and handling is just excellent ..but boot is small ,and build quality not upto of Santro's ...though spark orgins from matiz still feels new when compared to santro ...but its upto ur choice...i own spark and did owned a santro and was extremely happy with both ..both are excellent cars ..dont consider alto ...

Friends,

From my personal Experience, Indica is not a Driver's car. But its a great VFM car. The High mounted Dash will make the road nearly invisible.Better go for Spark if u r looking for a right blend of  handling, fuel efficiency and comfort.