krace

Suggestions needed on buying Used Sedan car

Hi Friends,

I'm planing to sell my One year old Indica and go for an used Sedan (Budget constraints).My budget is not more than 3 lacs. Pleas esuggest me which car I've to choose. I'm thinking of taking Accent (2000 to 2003 make) or Ford Ikon. I dont know much about the maintanance and running costs of both of the cars. I'l looking for a Sedan car which will not burn my pocket much for Maintanance. However. I can manage the fuel costs.My monthly driving will be around 750 Kms Please suggest me a good car for me. Cars other than what I've mentioned can also be suggested. Please help me.

Hi Friends' date='

I'm planing to sell my One year old Indica and go for an used Sedan (Budget constraints).My budget is not more than 3 lacs. Pleas esuggest me which car I've to choose. I'm thinking of taking Accent (2000 to 2003 make) or Ford Ikon. I dont know much about the maintanance and running costs of both of the cars. I'l looking for a Sedan car which will not burn my pocket much for Maintanance. However. I can manage the fuel costs.My monthly driving will be around 750 Kms Please suggest me a good car for me. Cars other than what I've mentioned can also be suggested. Please help me.

[/quote']

Friends,

Forgot to mention OHC here. I'm also considering OHC. But much worried about its maintanance and higher price (Checked with localites.Second hand rates are higher than both ikon and accent smiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gif)

Better look at a Maruti product(Baleno or Esteem)... it will keep on running as the spares are cheap..You can also try old honda city as it is very reliable even now.. The Accent is a good option, but not sure about maintenance...Ikon is a great car but again maintenance is gonna be hefty

Yes it is good decision to buy a used sedan if u dont like to burn a hole in u r pocket.If u want to run cheap then go for Esteem VXI  EII version. It is a real drivers car and very easy to maintain. If u look for little up market Accent is a good choice. Ikons are expensive to maintain

You can have a look at the Lancer as well...It has soldiered on and will not be discontinued till 2010...that makes a good proposition as well...im not sure about the maintenance part.

FRG should know more on the lancer

esteem is a very weak car

my uncle's driver was driving a esteem at approx. 60 km/h and a dog came in the middle of the way and the car hit the dog and the dog just ran away without injuries

and the front bumper of the car broke apart

Ikon is expensive to maintain. Accent would be your best bet. When I sold my Accent GLS<petrol 1.5> it was 6 years old and fetched me Rs.2.25 lakh. I think there must be a lot of deals now. It's also easy on the pocket to maintain.

Friends,

I really feel happy for all of your valuable suggestions and response...Thanks a ton smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif..... Finally I've decided to sell my Indica and get an Accent. Now, One more advice. My friend's Uncle is selling his Accent 2001 GLS Model. He is quoting 2.25 Lacs. 28500 Kms done. The car is familiar to me as my friend will bring the car to office once or twice in a week. Please give me your comments on the price he quotes. Will this be a good deal or  I should try negotiating?

One more thing. HE says the mileage is 9 Kmpl with A/c turned on in city traffic. He is not sure about the highways. Is this the normal mileage of Accent?

If you can make a down payment of 3 Lac(I assumed as you have not mentioned), why go for a used car, go take a look at Tata Indigo Compact Sedan.

You can get top of the line version at less than 5 lac on road, make a doenpayment of 3 Lac and get 2 Lac as finance from any bank.

Go for Tata Indigo CS LS TDI, it should be priced around 4.5 Lac.

Finally I've decided to sell my Indica and get an Accent. Now' date=' One more advice. My friend's Uncle is selling his Accent 2001 GLS Model. He is quoting 2.25 Lacs. 28500 Kms done.

One more thing. HE says the mileage is 9 Kmpl with A/c turned on in city traffic. He is not sure about the highways. Is this the normal mileage of Accent?

[/quote']

I have a 2002 GLS which is essentially the same car, barring cosmetics. Price I do not know. 28,500 km in 7 years is about 4000 a year. Please check that the maintenance has been regular - oil change once a year, brake fluid and coolant once in two years etc.

I have done about 45,000 in my 2002 GLS. No problems apart from the lh rear Damper (looks I got a rogue repeatedly) which have been discussed and documented in another thread.

Mileage : I get 10+ in town with AC (nearer 11 without) and 12-14 on the highway. Obviously if I drive on the GQ at 3 digit speeds the consumption is around 12.5. Sticking to the 80-90kph regime has even got me 14+. Remember it is a long stroke engine so you can shift to 5th as low as 25 kph if in a relaxed mode!

sgiitk2008-09-04 08:42:07

Vivek' date='

My budget itself is 3 lakhs only dear. Dont want to go for loan as i'm having other commitments too.

[/quote']

Sgiitk,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. I'll update about the deal shortly in our forum.

friends,

As I told already, I'm planing to sell my Indica... One guy is asking it for 2.7 lacs. Its one year old and 7300 Kms done... will this be a good deal for me?

friends,

Came across a 2004 Opel Corsa for 2 lakhs.. Done close to 25000 Kms. Please let me know your comments on this. Will this be a good buy? I'm considering this car since Corsa is a very VFM car though it has been stopped.. But afraid of its resale value and maintanance... I've told about my friend's accent rite? HE is sayin that he ll sell it by december.smiley19.gifsmiley19.gif