Well, i have a white swift and i had Philips Blue Vision bulbs fitted in them along with wiring. The low beam of one of the bulbs went kaput so i had to change it back to the normal bulbs.

I have my windshield tinted so the normal headlights are not sufficient for night time driving.

Please suggest light bulbs for my car. I cannot afford a HID kit. I'm looking for powerful bulbs. atleast better than the stock ones.

and what type are the bulbs in the swift. H4 ??

pra2veen2008-08-31 18:45:43

Get 130-100 or 140-110 Watt GE bulbs. But' date=' Redo your entire wiring with Finolex Cables. [/quote']

Grreeeat to see the mod advising something illegal.

The answer is in his original post:

1. replace the bulb with what you had (hopefully that was legal.

2. Remove the film.

Get 130-100 or 140-110 Watt GE bulbs. But' date=' Redo your entire wiring with Finolex Cables. [/quote']
Grreeeat to see the mod advising something illegal.

The answer is in his original post:

1. replace the bulb with what you had (hopefully that was legal.
2. Remove the film.

smiley32.gifsmiley32.gif BRAVO CYRUS!!!!

What's next on your list of suggestions??

I think. and this is my opinion that filming your front glass with anything other than a clear film is completely and utterly and totally moronic.

Get rid of the film.. put the standard bulbs.. and do NOT listen to the Parsi with the nose job.

Zavo2008-09-01 06:04:45

And you have never done something illegal ever?? Dont be stupid. He asked for a solution and I gave him the easiest one. And the most effective. FreeFlow Exhausts are also technically illegal. Woud you advise against that too??

I try not to, I am often the only one coming out of or into a T-junction from the LH side!

I warn the person that that the suggested solution is not legal but common practice.

I will suggest that a MOD should be even more circumspect. Incidentally I and FRG have discussed and argued about the same issue (headlamps) ages ago in the early days of the forum.

sgiitk2008-09-02 05:04:39

It doesn't look nice when a MOD of this forum goes around dispencing illegal advice because it would have a negative effect on the Magazine that goes along with this forum.....and further more if a MOD does not know how to hold his tongue.. then I think he shouldn't be a MOD any more.

Cyrus.. watch it.

Zavo2008-09-02 05:32:00

Dikra,

Don't recommend things banned by RTO. As a moderator you should set a example.

Viper

it may be illegal but it works out

So does bashing someone's head in whom you don't like.. does that mean you'd do it?

We all sit and moan and groan about how bad things are on the roads in our country and then suggest stuff like this..

Does that sound strange to you or not?

Alright everyone...enough. Nobody is a saint here. Last I checked Viper was running a B16 turbocharged engine under the hood of his city.

A solution was given, yes it is illegal and we don't recommend it. Lets end it there. Now if anybody has a better solution please post up.

FRG

I have my windshield tinted so the normal headlights are not sufficient for night time driving.

Why would you want to tint your windshield?! If the heat was your concern you should put clear films made especially for the windsheild which do not hamper visibility at all. Try Philips Diamond vision, Crystal vision's are not too effective. Make sure your wiring and relay are all good.

well i dont why people want those extra bright headlamps wich blind the drivers driving on the opposite side...all cars have the required brightness in their headlamps to aid night time driving....though i dont know if its wrong or correct but not ethical to blind other road users !!!!