vibhor

Hyundai's New 800cc car on its way!!!

Hi friends!!...smiley1.gifHyundai Motor India is developing a small car to compete in the Maruti dominated 800cc segment. The new car is expected to hit the Indian roads in another three to four years - that

Good news and info vibhor ...when any company targets maruti smile comes automatically on my face and its hyundai so expectation is high and definately overall better car than Ms....i think now Ms will have tough time and they will change their statements that they are not interested in targeting tata but what about targeting Hyundai.. ...and i20 is replacement of getz worldwide but it will be sell alongside getz in india as per tradition

The a-star is a newer alto, so from what i'm assuming, hyundai will be targeting the a-star. If they manufacture a car as cheap as the maruti tinbox, it's very unlikely that it will meet the crash test requirements in developed countries.

The 800 and Omni should be banned on Indian roads.

Do we still need a 800cc car on Indian roads? are the roads here not full of them? and that too in year 2012!! is it not too less too late? I am  not excited :(sharash2008-09-02 05:09:27

Thanks bluesapphire....

I am also very excited about this car .....it will be nice!n i hope it will be better than 800..not like like that van lookin nano....

n i dont agree that maruti shud discontinue 800 and omni e if the both cars are still selling in very good nos.n people love them.. so there is no reason for maruti to discontinue them!!

I think the 800 cc will have to be a  Aluminium head DOHC, 16 V, four cylinder with VTVT and a turbocharger, that should give it some juice and meet the emission norms. Should wiegh something like say 55 to 60 kgs, so there won't be a great weight penalty. The car should be Nano sized; with robust build, probably have battey driven motors at the 4 wheels for the future, to make it a hybrid too.The floor can house the batteries. That could make it the first affordable hybrid for India. It will have the power and the mileage and should have a kerb weight of say 900-1000 kgs. and cost around Rs.4 lakh <ex-showroom>. Think my imagination ran riot....smiley38.gif

Ya...Durango..!.. well,.. i suppose to be right and it is same opinion of me toosmiley20.gif.

well, Hyundai ..is really keen abt to make a new people's car..as the might have felt about the market need in India specially is curved towards new brand focus item abt "new People's car" after announcement by TATA..and wanted this such car which can drive them against rising fuel prices and contemporary more efficient and light.

Lets seesmiley38.gif...wether who wins this battle among such co's like Nissan-Renault (who is also announced to develop a new people's car), Hyundai, TATA.

ya...but ..TATA might be in a full process to bring up his new hybrid model for other countries firstly, but for India it will be only focusing on his new baby ..Nano.

And what TATA suppose to be launch its a fresh new other MPV segment (named as 'X-over' concept) which is shown in Geneva a year back. Being involving in to all type of segments which will lead its success to its Brand New Product such as to beat Innova.

Tata is also working on diesel' date='electric, and hybrids for Nano...and also alternative fuels... [/quote'] thats a good news blusapphire!!..but i think tata should firts work on the safety in indian version of its tiny nano!smiley17.gifvibhor2008-09-03 13:12:09