Kinshuk

Brand of Battery for NHC?

I dont think we have pana or philips but i have exide only in my Ohc....i think u can check out Tata green i heard its good and have some good maintenance package too i think ...some 100000km guarantee or something like that...and Tata is a brand u can rely upon...

Yeah, heard of Bosch...will check out bosch as well as Tata tmrw!

All other cars I have are running on Amaron; amazingly my fiat 1100D which is hardly used has a 2.5 yr old battery and it starts in the first attempt!

checked up withe Bosch Dealer the battery is available but he has no clue as to which one would go in..48month Guarantee

Tata Green has a tie-up with GS Yuasa...its probably AMCO Yuasa rebranded as Tata Green, if im not wrong. 60month guarantee http://www.tatagreenbattery.com/

Think I'll stick with exide, at least wont have to go anywhere, they'll come in their 'BatMobile' and replace the battery @ home.

Exide is major player.Amaron is also good, zero maintainence. warrenty for 2-3-4 years on various models.Good after sales backup. Tata has also came with car batteries called 'Tata Green'. Sandy2008-09-04 07:47:19

I too would suggest Amaron.....Have used a lot of Amaron batteries for different cars and they have performed well. Even with the kind of load my stereo puts on the battery, its worked fine.

Just replaced the battery of my 2002 honda city VTEC.I got a Exide ATB ATB-38B20L L or R don't remember. its a 2 + 2 years warrnty meaning first 2 years you get 100 % replacement. There on its a prorata based warranty. as the tenure increases price decreases. The exide dealer i enquired said general life of any battery would be around 2-2.5 years. then onwards it will start giving trouble. even if its a 3, 4 or 5 year warranty.

This battery is a maintenance free battery and got it for 4200Rs.

I bought Exide Max with a 3yr warranty for 3600 (less 500 for the old battery)...as mentioned above usually batteries last 3 yrs (mine lasted 4) so its useless paying extra for a 5yr one (sales gimmick as all are pro rata warranties)...honda dealer was giving the same for 4500 and no exchange discount!!!!!

Had a Standard Furukawa battery as OEM in the Honda...which was a surprise!
Kinshuk2008-09-06 21:07:37

Going to the car manufacturer for tyres or batteries is silly.

As for the 4-5 year warranty the pro-rata story  is a big con. Earlier I used to work on the assumption that anything beyond two years out of a battery  is a bonus. With the newer batteries I do expect four years.

cost wise i checked Exide website and they listed even less price. you could even buy it from there wesite. not sure how they will transport and at what cost.

yes paying extra for a 5 yrs warranty is useless. all batteries will work trouble free for 2-3 yrs. you will also have to see how long you intend to keep the car and do you want to invest that much...

@Vtec Guy: They get a dealer of your choice to deliver it to your doorstep! I tried calling the 'Exide Bat Mobile', it was answered by the warehouse watchman (or Bat Man) !!

Totally agree, batteries usually last 3-4 yrs and paying extra for a 5yr warranty thing is just a means to promote sales by giving a discount!

I bought it through my mechanic who takes care of my Fiat/Maruti supplies Exide and Amaron and in case there are any warranty issues he takes care of those as well! (the garage is just across the street!)