vibhor

Official! Maruti Suzuki A-Star to debut i

@sandy :Welcome buddy!

MARUTI A-STAR RETURNS 19.5 KPL!!!

Maruti A-star which all set to hit the road next weekhas returned a mileage of 19.59 km per litre according to ARAI. Remember,A-star is powered by an 1.0L, 3 cylinder 12-valve unit developing a maximum power output of 48kW (65hp).

@Vibhor: What does ARAI stand for? Anyway, 19.59 is good mileage and even if A-Star gives a mileage of 16-17 in real world conditions then it has already won half of the battle as its main rival, the I10 does not give good mileage.

@hsbSX4 : Welcome buddy!!..

@pulkitbhandari : no i don't think so that it will launch in A/T version now!..but i think later on MSIL can introduce it with A/T to compete with i10 A/T!:-)

ok... thanks for info Vibs... A-star A/T may be launched later on if it will ever be launched.... but what about SPLASH.... any definite info about its A/T version to be launched by Maruti... i really do not get it that why Maruti is so hesitant in launching A/T vehicles

A-Star will be uniquely positioned that will appeal to altogether new customers. Initially, we plan to sell at least 50,000 A-Star in India every year.  Though Mr. Pareek refused to disclose the price of the new car that will be available in three variants, A-Star is likely to be priced around Rs. 3.25-4 lakh.

Clip from some newspaper. comments from Maruti Suzukis Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) Mayank Pareek

this just made me think...

hey Vibhor and all u guys!!...

how many think that A/T cars are better for the horrible city traffic?

Well there is no doubt that A/T cars are best for bumper to bumper traffic cities!....A/T is very simple to use and you get rid of changing the gears frequently as its in M/T!...but still M/T cars have their own fun but on plain flat out roads!smiley17.gif

Thanks thackervijay buddy!!smiley17.gif

ok... thanks for info Vibs... A-star A/T may be launched later on if it will ever be launched.... but what about SPLASH.... any definite info about its A/T version to be launched by Maruti... i really do not get it that why Maruti is so hesitant in launching A/T vehicles
welcome pulkit!......actually i don't know about splash n its launch!!....but i think there are fifty-fifty chances of MSIL to introduce A/T in it!..smiley1.gif

..and as you said that MSIL is so hesitant in launching A/T vehicles!..i think the reason for this is that MSIL sometimeback launched WagonR A/T which is flop!..because it priced about 5lacs ex showroom!...and i think there was also esteem A/T too!..but am not sure!....so thats the reason MSIL is afraid to launch A/T cars again!smiley1.gif

Well there is no doubt that A/T cars are best for bumper to bumper traffic cities!....A/T is very simple to use and you get rid of changing the gears frequently as its in M/T!...but still M/T cars have their own fun but on plain flat out roads!smiley17.gif

i agree!! but do we ever get plain flat out roads in our cities?!

plus, if we try n enjoy ourselves on the road... our traffic police will find any wierd way to send us behind bars!! im serious!! im sure no one here knows wht crappy rules we have!!

i found some... check it out:

http://suvadventure.blogspot.com/2008/10/craziest-traffic-rule-in-india.html

i agree!! but do we ever get plain flat out roads in our cities?!
plus' date=' if we try n enjoy ourselves on the road... our traffic police will find any wierd way to send us behind bars!! im serious!! im sure no one here knows wht crappy rules we have!!
i found some... check it out:
http://suvadventure.blogspot.com/2008/10/craziest-traffic-rule-in-india.html
[/quote']

lolz!you are correct but i meant it from highways!....anyways!smiley17.gif
vibhor2008-11-12 10:31:23

A/T will make the car costly making it tricky for VFM companies. Customers as yet have not seen more value than cost A/T as rightly pointed out by wagon R example. Or is it that wagon R was meant to be a flop anyway. lol

thats very true chirag!!.....but i think i10 A/T will grab more sales than of wagon R!..even if it more pricey  than wagonR!..i10's top end A/T version costs about shocking 5.92lacs!!which is almost near to 6!!..can you beleive it!..

Is it that expensive? No wonder people dont buy it. Any clue how many of those have they managed to sell? a a/t nano at 2.5 might be an interesting buy hehe

Anyway back to the topic. The website countdown actually has got seconds too. Aint that a bit tricky to manage?