viveksonkhla

Tyres for Fiat Palio 1.2 NV

Hi All,

I am planning to replace tyres on my Fiat Palio. I have researched the market and now I am confused on which brand to go for. I have evaluated Bridgestone, Goodyear and JK tyre. I plan to go for tubeless version for 165/80 R13 83 S.

Till now only JK tyre has coinfirmed the availability of these tyres with them, whereas Bridgestome and Goodyear people are pushing me for bigger tyres though at more price.

The difference in prices is around thousand rupees for one tyre.

Bridgestone -JK tyre Price = 1000 INR

Please suggest if it would be a good option to go for JK tyre.

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the inputs. It would be great help if you guys can share Tyre prices for Following  specs in NCR 165/80 R13 83 S Make ( Bridgstone/ MRF)

I have called up multiple dealers across noida and have got varied prices from all of them Ranging From 2600 to 3000 for Bridgstone, and 2200 to 2500 for MRF.

Please revert, your inputs will be of great help.

The Palio will feel, ride and grip good with 175 65 R14 or 185 60R 14 if you drive agressively go for Apollo Accelere.

They have a superb tread pattern. In case you have a 1.6 Sport then you should upsize to the above but with Apollo Accelere Sport, it has a combination tread pattern for grip and high volume water clearing ability. But go tubeless only.

You can change your standard 13 inch wheels to any 14 inch std wheels from the indigo or the palio it self. They are far more cheaper than the alloys and then go in for the upsize. If you go in for 165 80 then the aspect ratio of 80 which i feel FIAT went for due to the diameter of tyre to fuel consumption parameters are irrelevant for a old car if that's the case. Although your clocks will now run slower with 14 inch wheels.

JK tyre is giving3 years unconditional replacement warranty on their tyres. If anything happen to your tyre, it will be replaced without showing any condition. I think no other company gives suck warranty. Just check and then take decision.

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs guys. I finally went ahead with Goodyear 175-70-R13 83T  Tubeless. The ride and handling seems perfect...and the steering wheel feels softer than before.

I will post an update after I have driven the car for around 500 KM.

Thanks again.

Decide on thr size. remember the diameter of the new tyre should be within 5% of the existing (stock) tyres, otherwise you odo etc. go haywire.

The good tyres in my view are Bridgestone & Goodyear. Michelin is great but imported. One good test is to heft the tyre. By and large the better tyres are far lighter. I have not checked out MRF of late so cannot comment. Bridgestone have excellent grip but are noisy and have a reasonable (not very long) life. Goodyears used to be quieter and long lasting but with a poorer grip!