bluesapphire

Gm's Facelifted Tavera

No notable changes even in the front.The cheap looking headlights remains more or less the same. Too high price for a mere People Mover. Not gonna be a wise move by GM to compete with Innova .

hahaha!! They actually call that a facelift? Isnt that supposed to freshen up the looks and make it look modern. Even after the facelift it looks like its an early 90's model! I guess GM is still competing with the Qualis! Someone pls wake them up and tell them about the Innova!

smiley1.gifTavera has always been my favourite car but its  high price has alaways kept me away from it....innova is a much better deal!....n now GM has done the same mistake again!......its not even a facelift just a little cosmetic change and we have to pay a very high price for a little facelift!!smiley3.gif this time am dissapointed from GM!!!!! smiley18.gifvibhor2008-09-04 10:51:00

here is the small list of features which GM has added to its overpriced tavera!!... smiley18.gif

* A larger grille with a bigger Chevrolet bowtie and an elongated air dam for the new facelifted tavera neo-2.

* Stylish graphics on the body panels

*  Three spoke steering wheel replaces existing two spoke in the new Tavera neo-2

* GM Tavera Neo-2 also gets a refreshed instrument panel and the central console is now projected towards the driver

* The new Tavera Neo-2 gets a closed glove box.

* Dual tone beige interiors is a new addition in the Tavera Neo-2

vibhor2008-09-04 12:35:22

A larger grille with a bigger Chevrolet bowtie and an elongated air dam for the new facelifted tavera neo-2. - May be considered as a small modification 

* Stylish graphics on the body panels - can get more stylish aftermarket stickers at a price of Rs.1000 to 1500 range

*  Three spoke steering wheel replaces existing two spoke in the new Tavera neo-2 - By the way, Whats the use of the third spoke?

* GM Tavera Neo-2 also gets a refreshed instrument panel and the central console is now projected towards the driver - no comments

* The new Tavera Neo-2 gets a closed glove box. - Maruti 800 has a closed glove box.

* Dual tone beige interiors is a new addition in the Tavera Neo-2 - Maruti 800 unique is two tone beige interiors.

Friends, plzzzzzzz clarify me which things these Gm guys are telling as upgrade other than adding a '2' trailing the name? and for which upgrade they are demanding this much cost?

At the price of this Neo-2, One can get an innova or a Scorpio V series which are a way better than Tavera....

GM, Please understand, Till the meat is old, there is no use of changing the wrapping alone.(wrapping too is not changed properly)smiley18.gifsmiley7.gifsmiley11.gifsmiley19.gif

smiley7.gif

I could not find any difference... Even if i found it, I would be least interested in looking twice at it as well.. GM is fooling around in Indian market, nothing special about their cars nor their facelifts.. I dont understand why are we talking about them here as well??

well yeah they have some fantastic products outside india..i mean hummer is rocking...{which is goingsmiley19.gif}.then even their opel and holden cars are awesome.....chevy cars are also good but they bring in rebadged korens heresmiley17.gifwell i feel now they might slowly get in more of REAL chevy products....cruze coming.....afterall Karl Slym has said they want chevy to become no.1 in india just like it is in other countries......small car hub...they are investing millions.......well whatever i do share a special bond with GM for various reasons.......but tavera shocked me seriously!

The Tavera is really looooong in the tooth and it show's whatever cosmetic surgery you may do. Basically, GM's trying to hoodwink the Indian public, now that a majority have lost interest in that product. And it's priced at Rs.10 lakh smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif such prople who will by this as a people mover, better convert it to a cargo van or hearse. CYRUS432008-09-04 17:59:52

tavera is a bit under-powered with only 80 horses under the hood...expected a bit of more performance frm the new one....bt tavera is being mostly bought by taxi-operators and the people who are buying suv's buy scorpio,innova or safari !!!

good pics vibhor....

and interior looks nice ...'

finally they brought the handbrake in the centre..thank god...

and its only a variant so dont expect these interiors acrss the tavera range..

this variant will cost close to 10l so its expensive..